Hostel Old Plovdiv
Odeon Hotel(Plovdiv)
Dafi Hotel(Plovdiv)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe ownerold houseplace is beautifullovely gardenhomemade lemonadeguest houseplace to stayfree breakfast iscommon areasdorm roombeautiful buildingbulgarian revivalexcellent placeold stylecomfortable bedscommon roomperfect location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Arrived to a welcome sign with my name on it! Fantastic touch and lightened up my day after a long journey! Todo & Nikoli were fantastic staff! Always helpful warm and kind! Right in the heart of the old town & only a few minutes walk from the centre I would stay there again & again!

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Warren M
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Anna,
I wish all our guest will be like you !
Thank you for the great review and for giving us maximum rating!
Waiting to see you back soon

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Amazingly beautiful old renovated house in the very historical Center of Plovdiv !
The owner, Hristo, and its staff are very welcoming. They would make everything possible to ensure that you spend a great time.
We would love to come back one day... as for us it was the best place we found during our cycle trip from Paris to Istanbul !

Many thanks for your kindness, and congratulations for the great work you did in renovating this house.

Val and Corentin.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Valerie-Anne B
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Dear Valerie-Anne & Corentin ,

you are amazing couple, I really find you as the most adventurous people I ever met !
Reading such wonderful words for our Guest House
really makes my heart feel with pride ! Thank you very much !
Waiting to see you again in Plovdiv-with or without bicycle:)

Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

This is exactly where I'll stay again when I return to Plovdiv, Bulgaria! Despite the fact that I'm not especially fond nor accustomed to sharing a bath, everything else about this hotel / hostel was exceptional. This is Old Plovdiv at its finest. The home has recently been renovated with spotless white tiled bathrooms that nicely juxtapose with the dark old creaky wooden floors of the halls and rooms. The highlights of our stay though were the full on kind gestures of the owners and their staff. They genuinely could not have done any more to make us feel more welcomed, as if we were old friends staying at their home. They've raised the all time bar of hospitality to new heights. One young woman at the front desk even took a taxi to buy our bus tickets for us! If you're going to Old Plovdiv do yourself a big favor and stay here. I'm home now, but I wish I could give these nice people a big hug!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Farandfine

Dear James,
Dear Heather,
Dear Henry,

Thank , thank you, thank you for your kind words for Guest House "Old Plovdiv"!
To have such high rating from you makes me really proud.
You are always welcome back here!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

My staying in hostel "Old Plovdiv" was incredible !!! This is beautiful house that was restored during the summer and i was amazed by everything there. The staff is verry helpful and the owner too ! The old furniture was beautifull and the garden was perfect too ! I love that place and everything in it !!! I highly recommend that place to everyone ,go there and enjoy !

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Todor_aleksandrov
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Todor,
Thank you very much for spending time to write such a nice review for your stay !
I am really happy, that you like it !

Waiting to see you back soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is not a hostel, its part of the Plovdiv experience. Made it so much better. Being received in my own language, by a caring staff, in a house all renovated inside in the old style. Lavender on the pillows, old restored furniture, super clean facilities, beautiful new bathroom and no more than 4 beds in each room, and also breakfast included. The staff even took care of my tickets to Turkey and delivered them in my room. Because it was so nice i stayed there one more night. Just perfect!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Telmo M
Hristo G, Owner at Hostel Old Plovdiv, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Dear Telmo,
Thank you for the great review !
It is an honor for us to have the highest possible rating from you !
You are always welcome back here.

And have a great time in India:)