“Informative and fun”

365 Association Plovdiv Tours
Ranked #1 of 13 Tours in Plovdiv
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Daily tours in Plovdiv: 1. Free Plovdiv Tour - The free english-language general sightseeing walking tour around the main landmarks in the city. Every day- at 11am and 6pm from May till the end of September and only at 2pm from October to April. Other tours: 2. Kapana Arts & Crafts Disctrict Tour - The thematically organised tour of Plovdiv's creative neighbourhood - Kapana (the Trap). Every Saturday & Sunday at 11am. Our tours run throughtout the whole year (incl. weekends, national holidays, Christmas, Easter etc). No reservation or booking in advance is needed. Just show up! If you are an organized group of ten people (10+), need flexibility or just feel like having a custom made tour in Plovdiv, please contact us at least 24 hrs in advance to get information on our private tours policy.
Reviewed June 20, 2014

The walking tour was very interesting and informative, we had lots of fun listening to the guide. She knew a lot about Plovdivs long and complicated history and was very friendly and helpful. We loved it!

Reviewed June 14, 2014

The tour was really nice. Although I am Bulgarian it broadened my knowledge about Plovdiv. Our tour guide Mel was highly informed, nice, young lady with pleasant sense of humor. I recommend this tour for every foreigner and Bulgarian visiting Plovdiv.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I was in Sofia during a spring trip through the Balkans and decided to a day trip to Plovdiv knowing that it had some Roman History and might in fact be related to Spartacus. Glad I did and glad I found this tour. It was great and very informative. Lots of Bulgarian and Roman History (not too sure about Spartacus) The guide Adelina was awesome and extremely knowledgeable. If you're in Plovdiv or passing through there is no reason why you shouldn't do this tour. it's absolutely worth it! (I mean of course being free. you should still leave a tip though) but I would have paid for it too.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

In one sentence: Best tour I ever had so far, compared to a few other city tours I attended in Stockholm, Sydney, Istanbul and Budapest. Plamena guided us through many bigger and smaller sites of interest. I was bombarding her with questions every two stations and she could answer all of them in perfect English, which you wouldn't expect from a non-native speaker. We were 6-9 people in our group and went from the central post office through the main walking streets, the old town, passing by some museums all the way up to one of the big hills with an astonishing view over the city. The tour is actually not for free, since there is a donation very well appreciated to support the project and the guide. So bring some notes, maybe not your 50 Leva one, which you just got from the ATM, maybe not your last 2 Leva note, but anything in between shall do fine. The tour lasted two hours and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to get a first impression about the city before exploring it on ones own.

2  Thank Markus W
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We had a tour with Adi as a guide, which was nice!
She told us that the people of the tour are like a family, we felt like that and get to know different people from the whole world.

1  Thank LisavanOsch90