“Service With A Smile”

Romsey, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Service With A Smile”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Having never visited Bulgaria I was not quite sure what to expect on the wine tour. However, it all ran like clockwork from the moment Katerina collected us from the airport and whisked us away. Katerina has excellent English and was able to tell us some of the history and culture of the area and answer all questions. She has a charming personality and ready smile.
I am no expert in wine but found the whole experience an education and was amazed at the differences in the same wine stored over different periods. I must also say the cheese and nibbles were divine and it was a real effort not to eat and drink too much.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this tour to my family and friends and will hosts such as the calibre and quality of Katerina you cannot go wrong!

1 Thank Estragon01

Romsey, United Kingdom
“Great cultural and wine tour”
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I do not know a lot about Wines, nor about Bulgaria, so this was a real eye opener for me.
Katerina met our party from the airport and immediately made us all feel very special.
We visited many of the very best vineyards in Bulgaria over 4 days and everywhere we went Katerina and her colleagues made us feel like VIP's.
We were also lucky enough to visit a number of really interesting cultural sites and Katerina was a mine of information, willing to answer everything. Her knowledge was extensive and if she didnt know something 10 minutes later she found the answer for us...amazing!
Wine Diversion had booked all accomodationa nd meals. I could not fault anything and the prices were as good if not better than internet prices!
I have no hesitation about recommending her andd her Company.

Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“If you are looking for a personalised, taylored tour of the best of Bulgarian Wine and culture...look no further!”
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I found Katerina and her Team on the internet and I was a little nervous about booking in this way, but within 5 minutes of being met from the airport I realised what a good decision I had made!
We had discussed in advance the types of things that I would like to see and do. All of the arrangements were excellent, well structured and timely. A modern comfortable car safely driven. cold bottled water, a nice touch.
Lots of information offered and all questions answered in a measured thoughtful way, but also silence to comtemplate the sites and sounds.
Meals were arranged in good quality, reasonably priced restaurants, not tourist traps.
Katerina is obviously well known and repected by all the vineyard owners and winemakers that we visited, so we got more than the basic tour everywhere. And we tasted some really good wines!
We visited some really interesting secret parts of plovdiv, Sofia and Monestries and castles.
Accomodation was booked in wonderful small venues, again known by Katerina and her team but not the usual tourist traps.
Quiet time was offered and usually declined by us.
Nothing was too much trouble, even when we wanted to detour from the standard route.
When I go to Bulgaria again, the first thing I will book will be Wine Diversion