All reviews breakfast starts perfect cuisine roman ruins great location old town small hotel enjoyed our stay walking distance cheese heart city pedestrian wifi bulgaria
Reviewed July 10, 2016

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this hotel :) Great location, in the hard of the town! Great and helpful staff! And of course on my next trip to Plovdiv, will stay again and spend another night. Thanks

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2016

The lady at the desk was wonderful, the room was lovely I had a mini suite in room 307 in blue colour whilst my friend got a Barbie-pink room (not a suite tho') in room 309. I thought I would've a great time until I turned the shower on. Hot water ran for 20 seconds and icy cold water ran for 1 minute before the hot water was back on. I was so angry but I didn't bother looking for the reception lady as it was already mid-night. I didn't have shower drainage problem but my friend did. Water was all over the bathroom and into the bedroom as well.
Breakfast was really basic (set breakfast) with 1 egg, 2 slices of ham, 2 kinds of cheese (1 slice each), 2 bread, cucumber and basically that's all. Coffee was terrible it was way too bitter.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank manucanuck
Reviewed June 6, 2016

On the 15 April I made a reservation for Odeon Hotel through Booking.com for the 4 June when we had a high school reunion. The reservation was for two rooms - a single use room and a double room. On 1 June I had to cancel the single use room, but the second reservation stayed. Can you imagine our astonishment when we got to the hotel and found out that we didn;t have a valid reservation and the hotel was already full!!!We didn't have a place to stay and since the Kapana fest was in full blast, all hotels were full. Some hotel employee had decided that we had cancelled both reservations! If they can't work with the system Booking.com they shouldn't mislead people who rely on it! So, to cut the long story short, don't go there - the staff is not only incompetent but unfriendly as well (they could have tried to find us accommodation elsewhere, but no, it didn't cross their minds). If you go, you may be in for unpleasant surprises!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank tsura
Reviewed April 19, 2016

First of all, this is a small hotel and so are the rooms. Having said that, I found this just the place I was looking for. The staff is professional and very polite. The location just off the pedestrian zone is perfect. Where else can you have Roman ruins out your hotel window? I would stay again.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Knicklas
Reviewed January 28, 2016

Location convenient for pedestrianised zone and Old Town. A little dated, but with quality, oak, furniture. Room a little drab, but comfortable. It did have tea/coffee making facilities. Drain in bathroom a little smelly. The one big letdown was breakfast. Fairly bland ham & eggs, no bread. very small coffee, no milk.

Date of stay: January 2016