All reviews bistro restaurant swimming pool free breakfast college lobby towels bed
Reviewed August 6, 2018

This is a great looking hotel. Very modern and nice finishes in the lobby and rooms. Everything is nice and new. We stayed here for one night in August 2018. We had a large room that overlooked the main street. There is plenty of parking available. The elevators are super fast. Rooms are clean. We enjoyed our stay here, but the downside of this hotel is the lack of staff. We waited a few minutes at the front desk because no one was there. Then the check in part took several more minutes. It was as if this was the first time this employee had ever used the computer program. It was very odd and slow. Also the only time we were spoken to was when she asked for id to check in with, other than that nothing while she slowly clicked away at the computer. As we walked in and out of the hotel a few times over the next 24 hours, I would say that a staff member was visible less than half of the time.
If you are looking for hotel in Albion, you won't find anything better, but I do hope they keep training their staff and hire a few more people. This hotel is right next door to Cascarellis if you're looking for a quick bite to eat or drink.
It is a Courtyard, so no free breakfast, but there is a bistro restaurant where you can sit down for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

This hotel does the Marriott name a horrible disservice. Unreliable. Never answer phone at night for placing wake up calls. No water bottles available on day one of check-in and did not fix. New but clearly don’t know what they are doing and shouldn’t have opened.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Craig K
Reviewed June 25, 2018

Stayed here one night for business as I had a meeting with a client nearby. This is a brand new Courtyard property and is very modern, clean and quiet. The room was spacious and had a desk, flat screen TV and a small seating area if you didn't want to camp out on the bed or at the desk while working or relaxing. The service was good, but they are understaffed. I literally only saw 2 employees when I was there - I had dinner at the restaurant onsite and the poor line chef was working triple duty as cashier / waiter / cook. He was so nice, I wish I got his name, but clearly he could have used some help! There is no business center, so if you are looking to print documents, plan ahead. This is located in a cute downtown area, but when I was there (just last week), the main drag was under construction.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

Brand new hotel, very clean, and friendly service. The Bistro restaurant inside served an excellence tasty dinner and breakfast. Service was good, but just a little slow since it’s brand new and the servers are still breaking things in. Highly recommend to stay there or have a meal and drink!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2018

This is a shiny new hotel and everything should be perfect, right? Well, not quite. The rooms are nice, though uninteresting. The room has no art. There are a lot of mall issues with the room that re irritating. For example:
- shower design sprays water all over the bathroom floor
-bedside lights were installed wrong so you have to get out of bed to turn out the lights
- my deadbolt/door lock didn’t work
- the outdoor patios seem awfully exposed... shade umbrellas or potted plants would have add a cozy feel.

And while I’m being critical, housekeeping doesn’t even try to clean your room or give new towels on Sunday, though I still paid full price. The front desk staff didn’t find this surprising or even offer an apology.

Somehow, I think that if the Marriott corporate office knew about thes service gaffs they would be upset. However, the town of Albion is enamored with this nice new hotel and is willing to forgive a lot.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family