“International standard”

Ranked #27 of 170 Restaurants in Pristina
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The standard of food in Kosovo is very good, but hardly sophisticated. That is why Pjata stands out: its cooking is international standard, and so is the wine list and the service. The first time I ate here was more than 10 years ago, and it was just as good in 2013, so you can add consistency to its merits. I note other reviewers think Pjata is expensive for Kosovo, but it is worth paying extra.

There are newer reviews for Pjata

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I've been a few times and I am still not convinced. It's more of an "I want, but I can't". They try to offer something special, internationally oriented, but doesn't get it really. Some dishes can be good but then others are disappointing. Worth to check it as there are not many choices of this kind in Prishtina but pricey and not exceptional.

pjata, Owner at Pjata, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Dear Customer,

We’d like to thank you for posting your review about our restaurant. It has been illuminating and eye opening moment for our establishment. Based on your review we have gathered all our resources to revamp and rejuvenate our establishment. First task is to eliminate our delusions about being “international” and we have decided to stick to our place where we belong. We have already begun removing any traces of olive oil, butter, identifiable cuts of meat, peppercorns, rock salt so we can put some traditional margarine, zejtin, baking soda, Shmand, Hopla and Vegeta on our countertops. Tenderloin has been replaced with triple grounded meat, Bernaise sauce with mushrooms and Hopla sauce, grilled Rombo fillet will be replaced by not pricy farm raised deep fried Trout, free Hummus served with homemade corn bread will be replaced with pitalka and something made with Hopla and Shmand, our red Holland peppers will be replaced by our unpeeled peppers with again Shmand and Hopla, our homemade Cheese Cake with baklava, Chocolate Gateau with our Tres leches and the last our homemade pastas cooked by order shall be prepared en masse beforehand so we can utilize Microwawe. Service will be replaced with traditional submissive, indigenous servers. We will even change that international name “Pjata” to something more meaningful like “Cordon Bleu” or such.
And lastly, we will undergo psychiatric evaluation and treatment to finally remove any trace of “want” from us.
Again, I’d like to thank you for your insightful and knowledgeable review which has spared us of any further delusions about being exceptional and international.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

very well judged italian style food. well dressed salads, good fish. more expensive than it should be for Kosovo, although still cheap by european standards. not hugely atmospheric - slightly cool atmosphere, in my view, a bit too brightly lit. But friendly, well trained staff

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Very nice restaurant. A bit pricey for Pristina but worth it. Contemporary food and modern ambience. A good surprise!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

The Pjata is a tricky place to find. It's next to a large OSCE compound but is tucked away behind its gardens. Once found it is cosy, it was very quiet when we ate there, and it feels a little spartan inside. However the food was excellent although the menu choices might be a little limited for some. Great steak meal helped on its way by a half carafe of truly outstanding red housewine. I would recommend trying it! The deserts were delicious too. Service was spot on and the bill....about €20 for three courses, wine and water. Hey you can't beat that in many places. I shall go back on my next visit to Kosovo.

1  Thank SteveLeicestershire