“satisfied”

Best Western Hotel My Place
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Nis
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Small, nice hotel, quite central. Rooms are very clean and well equipted. I was suprised by breakfast, very good. They have mini spa you can use, and secure parking is infront of the hotel.
Staff was helpful and very pleaseant.

Room Tip: room by the river
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank leona l

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Hotel has a high price range but the offer and the service do not match. Front desk is not very friendly, better to say, they basically ignore you. Air conditioning in the room does not heat, so there is a small oil radiator making the room either unbearably hot, o completely cold. Although I stayed in the non smoking room, the smell of cigarette smoke kept coming in from other rooms (also non smoking).

Rooms are nicely equipped, leather couch and lounge chair, large flat screen tv, cable programs, jacuzzi (if you like to use it), nicely designed bathrooms. Small things like bad pluming, cigarette smoke, loud mini bar, etc, will send me to another hotel next time, not that front desk would care either ways.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Dejan P
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had a local family member who spoke the language reserve our rooms. We requested a 1:00 P.M check in and non smoking room. When we arrived at 1:30, only one room was ready on a smoking floor, leaving us all to try to shower in one room for an early dinner date with family. We dragged our bags up the steps because the bellman was having a chat with the bartender and only managed a quick run in time to push the button for the elevator. During my shower in the shared room, the tub leaked from the drain all over the floor, then I found only one towel. My husband went to the desk and requested a new room for our daughter. By then, a housekeeper was now preparing our room across the hall with a lovely view of the river and Nis Fortress. When we finally were able to settle into our room, we found a wall mounted shower head and no shower curtain. It doesn't take a Nikola Tesla to figure out that once the water is turned on there is going to be water all over the floor and walls. Beds were clean, though hard, pillows absolute torture. The following morning, there was a wonderful breakfast, but an extra $1.00 charge for a second cup of coffee. Staff had a real 'don't give a crap' attitudeAgain no bellman to help with the luggage. For 77 euros, I expected better.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ockergirl
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised by My Place hotel. New, modern, well designed for a good price. I also got an upgrade for free so I had huge apartment with 2 toilets, sitting area, small kitchen... Location is also very good. Quite central with a river view. Parking is available. Breakfast also very good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank EstebanBelgrado
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The hotel is in an ideal location right on the riverwalk. It's a short and pleasant walk to the Fortress, cafes, and downtown pedestrian shopping street. Rooms are spacious and clean. Bathrooms are modern, clean, and attractive. Wireless was available throughout hotel. Good breakfast buffet was included (but second cup of coffee was extra charge). Restaurant/bar area is attractive and inviting (but smoking is permitted, unfortunately). Staff were mostly unfriendly and seemed put out with basic requests, or bothered to be disturbed from text messaging, but they warmed up a bit over the four days we were there. Still, our stay here was very pleasant and I would recommend it to anyone visiting Nis.

Room Tip: Upper rooms have very nice views of the city, and corner rooms are very spacious and bright.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Profmex
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The hotel is nice and relaxing. located by the river. The stuff was very kind and the breakfast was really perfect ! I would recommend anyone who crosses the town or want to visit this town to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank luciana_69
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The hotel is located by the river and it is a very nice, new, clean hotel. The rooms are very big and nicely decorated. The breakfast is rich with local tastes. It was a very pleasant stay. The only 2 problems are: there is no closed or protected parking of the hotel. You have to park your car in front of the hotel and it is secured with cameras. Nothing happened to our car, but we were a little bit stressed. The second thing is the personel. They are hardly smiling and I cannot say that they are helpful. Be careful when you order a second coffee at the breakfast; it is extra!!! :-)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family