Open today: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Kotor Private Tours and Excursions tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Kotor
from $132.00
from $64.40
from $44.85
from $34.50
More Info
All reviews speed boat sveti stefan cruise ship blue cave port entrance coastline tour guide daniel great tour old town highly recommend this company walking tour private guide entire tour spoke perfect english prosciutto day tour wealth of knowledge
Reviewed March 17, 2015

A highlight of an already terrific cruise on the Celebrity Equinox was our day in Montenegro with Liset Rios de Kuhar as our guide. Lucky for me, a friend had been on a tour guided by Liset a month earlier and highly recommended her. She was so right!

Our ship tendered in Kotor and Liset met our group of six at the dock. She had a speed boat waiting to whisk us across the beautiful Bay of Kotor to the tiny man-made island, Our Lady of the Rocks. A magnificent and unique experience. Next our boat took us a short distance to the lovely town of Perast, where we had lunch in a breathtaking setting that overlooked the Bay and the mountains. Finally we toured Kotor's fascinating medieval Old Town.

It was a pleasure to work with Liset to plan our tour. She is organized and on top of every detail. Liset is thoroughly knowledgeable about all things Montenegrin and explained the history, culture and politics of the country and shared interesting stories about each place we visited. Liset has a wonderfully positive attitude and is so much fun to be around. I really loved Montenegro and spending the day with Liset enhanced our enjoyment.

www.kotorprivatetours.com

Date of experience: September 2014
5  Thank JACKiE B
LisetKotorTours, Manager at Kotor Private Tours and Excursions, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2015

Dear Jackie,
Thank you for your lovely review, I am glad you all had an amazing time, it means a lot to know us, Kind regards to you all. KPT

Reviewed March 16, 2015

When we were looking for a day excursion from our cruise ship in Kotor, Montenegro we were lucky enough to come across some excellent references for Liset Rios de Kuhar, in Kotor. We were not disappointed. She met us at the ship and and immediately took us to a small speedboat where we had an excellent ride out to the island of Our Lady of the Rock, visiting its beautiful catholic church, and museum. Then we took our boat to Perast and explored this wonderful town. We then took the boat back to Kotor where we were able to leisurely explore the old town. We had a nice meal and time to wander and shop, prior to returning to our cruise ship. Liset was a wonderful hostess and tour guide. She has excellent knowledge of the area and her English is wonderful. I would highly recommend Liset and her company for any time in Montenegro.

Date of experience: June 2014
3  Thank RPLandsberg

Hi Rob,
It means a lot to see you all have a great time while visiting Kotor, Thank you for your review!

Reviewed March 15, 2015 via mobile

We stopped at Kotor for a day from a cruise and it certainly is worth a visit and perhaps a longer stay. Fascinatingly beautiful location made really interesting by our informative knowledgeable experienced and fun private guide Liset Rios de Kuhar who can be contacted at
lisetrioskuhar@gmail.com
Liset is a lovely charming Peruvian Lady with excellent language skills and a very detailed knowledge of Montenegro it's history culture traditions and tourist sites.
Montenegro a great place to visit and Liset an essential addition if you want to fully enjoy the experience.
Visited July 2014

Date of experience: July 2014
4  Thank Clivelind

Hi Clive,

We had a amazing day, didn't we? It's wonderful to see you have some great memories about your visit. Thank you.

Reviewed March 10, 2015

I went on a cruise and we tendered in Montenegro for 6 hours. I did a lot of research on the things I wanted to do and I felt the only way to go was a private tour considering the ship excursions you could only pick one or the other. I tried several companies and they told me everything I wanted to do was IMPOSSIBLE in that short amount of time until I found this amazing tour guide, Liset Rios de Kuhar. Her response was we can do it!!! I was ecstatic. She met us right at port and had arranged everything from our private boat and our private taxi. (which was all included in the price which is nice) She is very energetic and outgoing and very knowledgable about the country. We did everything on my list which includes Our Lady of the Rocks, Perast, the Blue Cave, Zanjice Beach, time for a quick bite and drinks, taking a dip in the sea, Marina of Porto Montenegro, Sveti Stefan, and a walk in the old town. Even though we were on a time crunch we did not feel rushed at all. We got to stop whenever we wanted to take photos, etc. If your on a time crunch from a cruise ship and want to make the most of your trip to this country I highly recommend this private tour. It's the only way to go to see it all!!! We did the impossible and seen it all with time to spare for shopping in the Old Town when numerous other companies told me no. She even takes pictures of you and sends them to your email before you even board the ship. Liset is amazing!! Below I will include the itinerary she sent me so you have an idea of everything we did. This country is breathtaking filled with amazing history. After you read this go to her website and book her!!! She can do about anything you wish. It's like hanging out with a friend all day. I can't give her enough praises!!!!

During this unique experience we will combine a speed boat and a private car transfers where we will see and enjoy 7 different locations of the Montenegrin coast.We will meet by the port entrance and will take a speed boat to sail out of the Bay Of Kotor passing by Perast, the islands of Our Lady of the Rocks and Saint George and taking some breathtaking shoots of the Bay. Our first stop will be The Blue Cave, Here we will have time to swim and enjoy this amazing hidden gem, following with a stop at the beach of Zanjice for lunch and leisure time. After Zanijce we will take the boat back to the Bay of Kotor where we will be drop off in the Luxurios Marina of Porto Montenegro where we will stroll trough it and meet our driver who will be waiting for us to take us to Sveti Stefan where we will have a photo stop of this amazing island and the Budva Riviera, on our way back if time allows we will stop in Kotor for a stroll around of the beautiful medieval town protected by UNESCO, before joining the ship

Date of experience: August 2014
4  Thank BHeitmann
LisetKotorTours, Manager at Kotor Private Tours and Excursions, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2015

Hi Becky,
Thank you for your amazing review, I must say it was a challenge to plan our day, however a great feeling of success to know we ticked all your boxes and more specially to see that you and your mom had an amazing time.

Reviewed November 4, 2014

We booked a private tour with Liset (lisetrioskuhar@gmail.com) in Kotor. We met Liset early in the morning after getting off our tender boat. She took us on a speedboat (Bayliner) across the Bay of Kotor to our Lady of the Rock where she told us the haertwarming story of this man made island. We then proceeded to Perast where we strolled around and had some coffee in the sunshine. When speeding back to Kotor we even saw wild dolphins in the bay!
Upon return we were picked up by a brandnew Mercedes Benz minivan and continued our tour with a photo stop at Sveti Stefan and a walk around Budva. Here we had the chance to enjoy fresh seafood in a very nice place by the promenade.
Finally we returned to Kotor and walked through this as well.
What made this tour special?
We were a family with two 80-year-old parents. Liset took good care of everybody, she matched the speed to that of the eldest in our family. She always realised what would be interesting for us before we were even aware of it. She made this tour a perfect mix of information, walking and just taking in the general atmospere.
We came across a couple of the groups that were following a guide from the ship - we thanked our fate that we were not part of those groups.
Liset is knowledgeable, charming and simply a really nice person!
We wil be back in Kotor and we will make sure to book another tour with her.
One final remark: Liset asked me to transfer the money for the tour beforehand because she needed to book and pay the boat and the minivan to make sure they would be in time. I was a little worried because you hear so much of internet fraud these days.
However, there was no need to worry at all, please do not let this keep you from booking a tour with Liset!
Thank you Liset, you made my parents happy and that made us happy!

Date of experience: September 2014
7  Thank Hauptstadtreisende
LisetKotorTours, Manager at Kotor Private Tours and Excursions, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2015

Thank you for you kind words, I am glad to see your family had a great time, I had a lovely time myself and please say hi to Pedro :) I was really nice meeting you all and showing you this beautiful area.