“Chillax heaven”

Cuisines: Eastern European
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

We went for a late dinner last night and thoroughly enjoyed fish soup, grilled vegetables and seafood salad. The salad was especially good with a wide variety of fish and a delicious dressing. The food is not super classy but thought has gone into the flavours and presentation. The views are amazing and it was a really lovely place to relax for several hours.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My friends and I noticed this bar when we looked up from outside the city walls, and decided to try to find it. We were so glad we did! We came for one drink, that became lunch... then before we knew it we'd been there all day and stayed for dinner! Shocking behaviour I know, but we couldn't drag ourselves away. Just one more...

If I'm honest, after many half-litres of tasty Nikšićko beer (at only €2 each!) we don't remember much about dinner except that it was tasty, but lunch was really good. The staff were very friendly too, something that I found somewhat lacking in other places in Kotor, up for a chat and a joke and very tolerant of trio of Brits and Aussies getting gradually more and more tipsy.

Really though, this place is about being out in the sun and admiring the view - it's incredible. Looking out into the bay and up at the mountains with my mates in the sun is something I'll not forget.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

After walking around the old part of Kotor for awhile we really wanted a nice place to relax with a cold drink. The local beer was super cheap here! I believe we spent around 10 euros for both myself and my husband to have 1 liter each. The views were wonderful from the rooftop deck and the umbrellas blocked the sun. We had a great time just hanging out and enjoying ourselves and there is something to be said for that.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

On out 2nd day in Kotor, we went up to Citadella because we thought the views from the city walls would be spectacular. We weren't wrong ! We just went for a quick drink and ended up staying there almost 6 hours. We had numerous drinks and a more than decent lunch but we spotted that the TV under the awning was showing a re-run of Andy Murray's Wimbledon final triumph, so we stayed to watch, ordering more drinks and ice-creams as needed. I doubt that anyone has ever watched a tennis match in more spectacular surroundings. The waiter Igor could not have been more accommodating - he spoke excellent English and even gave me a quick Serbian language lesson, was attentive when needed but never hassled us.
I suppose that the food was probably fairly standard for Kotor restaurants but it is so much more enjoyable when you are being well looked after.
We will definitely return here, even if there is no tennis to watch !

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Citadela is the best place in Old Town Kotor to kick back, relax, enjoy a drink, take in the view and soak up the atomosphere. It is all outside, spacious and with very comfortable chairs and couches. Because you are on top of the city wall you get great views over the Old Town and the Bay. It amazes me how so few people seem to find there way there. Enter the Old City by the front entrance. Turn left, carry straight on, up some stairs and turn left. Easy as that. I have not eaten here, but always go for cocktails and / or a beer with my friends and family.

1  Thank James1Head