“Below basic room, good restaurant, in an excellent location.”
Review of Hotel Rendez-Vous

Hotel Rendez-Vous
Ranked #8 of 12 Kotor B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Below basic room, good restaurant, in an excellent location.”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

My room, on the top floor of what I think is the annex, is not a space that should be for rent. One end of the attic space they rent out as a room was completely open to the stairway that served all the other rooms. It was, as I recall, over 80 steps up. Neither the bathroom nor the steeply-sloped ceilinged room was clean. One half of the shower door was stored behind the shower, to be moved into place when needed. No reading lights. No toilet paper until I asked for some. Some sort of pest control device loudly clicked away before I unplugged it. The restaurant staff was attentive and the food good.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I cannot recommend this place to any traveler ever:

I booked this summer a room for one night in this hotel. Location was good, but we were really disappointed about the rest. We traveled 10 days through Croatia and Montenegro and it was the only experience where we saw that they tried to cheat on us all the time.

We booked a room with Booking.com. Room was nothing special, but we were staying there for just one night. Main entrance of hotel is terribly small, super hot and smelly because of food. Just being there for 5 minutes were really unpleasant.

They offered us 10% discount for dinner in the restaurant of hotel. We were tired, so we decided to have dinner there. We ordered some dishes to try a bit from everything. We ordered a cheese dish, and the waiter came back saying that we could try some special dish with cheese and ham, so we thought that it was a substitution of one dish to another one. They didn't tell us and seems finally they brought is both. The ham was terrible, and with this "sale" they even passed the 10% of discount.

The worst was to come: When we checked out, the receptionist from hotel says that we cannot pay by credit card and that the computer doesn't work (they cannot do any invoice) and that we can pay in cash. We paid in cash and we left, trusting that everything was OK. I realized after the trip that they charged us from the credit card as well via Booking.com, so I have paid twice the stay.

I contacted them several times and they said they would give us the money back (in a terrible English), afterwards they contacted me that they didn't know how to do it, and then they stopped replying, and after some months I have not received any answer, so that is why I wrote this review in order to avoid other travelers to have same problem.

We didn't have any other problems in Croatia or Montenegro, but in this place we found our black spot of the trip. Kotor is a beautiful city and for sure there are better places to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
9 Thank Deinon

Travelers are raving about these Kotor hotels

Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I cannot recommend this as a place to stay - it was very, very basic and not worth the price I paid for the room; even out of season, it was way too much. A hostel or a private room would have been cheaper and more pleasant, I am sure. I have stayed in many low budget establishments over the years but this place left me cold. The single room was small and dingey and I didn't want to touch anything! I could not walk barefoot and the remote control on the tv was filthy.

The hotel smelt of smoke and cooking; indeed the person doing the cooking was also smoking at the same time, yuk!

On the plus side, it is in a good location in the old town.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank solo51
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Hotel is in a good location, inside the old town and near to the one of the exits of the old town. Staff is very friendly and kind. The room was ok.

But there is a big problem with the hotel: smells of the cooking are coming to rooms and stay there during the night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank handecengo
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The prices are excellent, the wifi is infallible, the staff are polite and fun. In the heart of old town, but somehow still out of the way. An excellent choice for those popping in to Kotor for a few days.

Room Tip: 10% discount for guests at the restaurant. And a fridge in the room!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Davemacdee
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Kotor old town is so small that essentially there is no "bad location" as long as you're within the city walls. Rendez-Vous was adequate, with friendly staff and management. Nearing the end of its refurbishment cycle (brown limescale in the toilet, etc) but for the price it's fine. Wi-fi signal in the room was strong.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank wanderlustfulJL
Perth
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a hidden gem. After staying in other hotels, it was so nice to come to a nice clean comfortable hotel. Great location, air conditioning worked a treat and lovely white sheets and comfortable bed. Staff were very accommodating.

• Stayed July 2013