“it's ok, nothing really fancy or pretty.”

and 1 more site!
Montenegro Hostel Kotor
Ranked #10 of 106 Specialty Lodging in Kotor
Reviewed September 12, 2013

i only stay here for one night, and i was more amazed for the beauty of the place, rather than evaluating well the whole hostel. i thought the it was fine enough, nothing fancy or pretty. the staff is nice , and its clean place. it is also really well located, right in the middle of the old town in kotor.it's close to the bus station, the most important places in the city, and they'll give you the keys if you want to come later. all in all it was enough for me, but it's not the best hostel in the world. though, it's an ok place.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jddiniz
There are newer reviews for Montenegro Hostel Kotor

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in the 6 bed dorm. The location is excellent in the middle of the old city. They have a decent kitchen that has basics and the air conditioning is really good. I don't think there are enough bathrooms - there is only 1 in the main building for at least 12 people so you do have to wait most of the time. The biggest problem I had was the plug sockets, there were 3 in the room and none of them worked properly so it was really hard to charge anything. The little balcony is a nice place to have a drink. Pizza Pronto nearby is really good - grab a slice!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We reserved 2 places in the 6 bed dorm about a week before arriving; when we got there we were told due to overcrowding we were "upgraded" to a 4 person dorm. This room was not on the property, instead around the corner through winding alleyways up and down flights of stairs. It had a really really small bathroom, you couldn't stand in it at all, not even to shower. I'm not very tall but even to use the sink i had to crouch. It was a bathroom for ants. Also our bedroom was on top of a club which was pounding sad techno music from like 10pm. So sleep was impossible. I though if you can't beat them join then, but the club was really weird, only dudes drinking beer and club girls standing around with this bad music really really loud and no one dancing. So no thankyou. I still didn't understand why we had to move to this particular room, I asked the staff why we were moved and if we can sleep somewhere in the actual hostel. The guy never really answered my question about why we moved, just said the music will stop at 1am. he said something briefly about sleeping on mattresses on the floor of the 6bed which sounded promising (and wasn't as bad with the noise at all) but then instead he started saying he would call another hostel for us. It was 11pm and we were only one night so really could not be bothered and got no sleep and had to wake up early. The 6bed dorm is a better room than the 4bed, if people turn up and pay in person they should stay there, not people who have bookings. Just because it has less people in it its not a better room!!!! We went there to shower and sleep but we couldn't do any of those things comfortably.

Room Tip: Don't accept "free upgrades". Make a fuss to sleep in the actual hostel, not 4bed room...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hostel is right in the centre of the Kotor old town. When you book with them they provide you with clear directions about how to find the hostel which is helpful. It is only about 5-10 mins from the central bus station. The staff are the best attribute for the hostel, they are incredibly friendly and it instantly feels like you have known them for a long time. They provide great advice about what to do and see in Montenegro. Also, they organise great tours. The Montenegro in a day tour with Mladen was the highlight of my stay. The hostel is social and it is really easy to mix with people here. The music played by the pub below is loud until 1am in the morning, however if you are happy to go to bed a bit later then this is no problem. Dorm room beds are comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Great location, very friendly and helpful staff, clean,but not the best place to meet people and hang out, but very close to places to do this.

I recently stayed with a friend for 2 nights and we had booked a dorm and it was good. The location of the hostel were perfect,in the old town. Our room was spotless and very big. Staff always has a smile on face and willing to answer any question you have! I recommend staying here!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hostel is the cleanest one in Montenegro that I have visited. Ideal for the money, location and the staff was helpfull!

I had an amazing 2 nights there .it hasn't been easy to find the hostel since no indication were nearby the place. The owner is really easygoing and helpful .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is a great hostel. The staff, especially Marko, were really friendly and helpful. He went out of his way to help me plan the rest of the trip.

The location is perfect. My room was clean by hostel standards. Considering it is right in the center of the old town it my room was quiet enough and I got plenty of sleep. I stayed in one of the 6 bed dorm rooms. The water was hot, I had a towel and blankets when it was cold. What more can you ask when you pay only €12

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo