“Kotor Bay Montenegro-Hostel in the Old city center”

Montenegro Hostel Kotor
Ranked #12 of 104 Specialty Lodging in Kotor
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Kotor Bay Montenegro-Hostel in the Old city center”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hostel is the cleanest one in Montenegro that I have visited. Ideal for the money, location and the staff was helpfull!

I had an amazing 2 nights there .it hasn't been easy to find the hostel since no indication were nearby the place. The owner is really easygoing and helpful .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ratoath, Ireland
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is a great hostel. The staff, especially Marko, were really friendly and helpful. He went out of his way to help me plan the rest of the trip.

The location is perfect. My room was clean by hostel standards. Considering it is right in the center of the old town it my room was quiet enough and I got plenty of sleep. I stayed in one of the 6 bed dorm rooms. The water was hot, I had a towel and blankets when it was cold. What more can you ask when you pay only €12

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Strasbourg, France
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I could not call it the nicest place on earth, but the staff is super friendly and helpful. I was there the last week of December, all alone in the hostel and I enjoyed staying there. This is a hostel, you cannot expect amazing room when you pay 11 euros, so I would recommend it, and it's really well located.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed in Kotor for few days in an apartment proposed by Hostel Kotor : 50 €/night. We had no breakfast included, the bathroom was a disaster with water everywhere every time we would take a shower and a terrible smell, a lot of noise during the night, even people knocking on our door in the middle of the night... We also tried one of the trip organized by the hostel, the rafting : 70 € / pers ! We stayed in the car for 9 hours return during the day, had a very small but pleasant meal, only 2 hours on the raft instead of the 3 initially planned... A bit expensive for the experience we had ! When we asked some explanations to the hostel's owner on the phone, she became hysterical and threw the phone away ! So for us definitely the place not to be !
The only good point I would give to this hostel is the staff : friendly and helpful, they do their best to welcome you and smooth things over.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Marielle L
cornwall
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The room we originally were given had bedbugs which I spotted straight away. When I brought this up we were taken to another building (thank god) and given a room in an elderly woman's house. A bit strange! No air conditioning and it was about 38C so pretty hot! You can't blame a hostel for getting bedbugs, it just happens nowadays, so maybe my experience wasn't a normal one. Overall this place is what you would expect from a hostel, nothing more. Kotor is a lively little city, I would t advise against staying here, just check under the mattress and don't expect luxury!

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank mcfste
Omagh
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I was here for 4 days last week, at the end of my trip and I couldn't think of a better place to stay. The rooms were very clean, with fresh sheets and towels every day. The hostel itself was spotless and in an excellent location. The staff are brilliant, both very helpful and friendly, and great to have a chat with. The food for dinner is, in a word, amazing and well worth the money (and also a really good way to meet people). Also the Big Montenegro is really worth doing, excellent value - Miroslav was an excellent tour guide, full of information and ready to answer any question that we had. And such a nice guy too!
All in all, an excellent spot to stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Jamie B
Utrecht
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hostel has the finest location in scenic Kotor and the staff are nice too. Indeed it can get noisy if there are festivities going on though being in this nice town makes up for that. The hostel offers decent dinners for €5,- including a beer which is fine value.

Room Tip: Keep in mind there may be festivals that could cost you sleep.