“Great time at Gymnas Hotel”

Hotel Gymnas Novi Sad
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Novi Sad
Reviewed July 16, 2013

During the Exit festival we stayed in the Gymnas hotel. It is an excellent hotel. A warm word for the staff of the hotel. Well spoken in English and extremely helpfull.

Our room in the hotel was big, but the furniture looked as the house of my grandmother. A little bit outdated. Also the curtain wouldn't cover the entire window. Beacuse of Exit festival we had to sleep in full light.

The location of the hotel is great. It is a little outside the city centre, but a taxi will get you there for just 250 dinar. Breakfast is good as well. Lot of choice and great times. Between 7 and 11. So Gymnas hotel was value for money, great staff, big rooms and a great starting point to explore Novi Sad.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Gymnas Novi Sad

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Beautifal resort with very big and relly nice equipment room.But food is terrible and staff is unkind.
Elevator is veary slow and small.Hygiene in hotel is good but not perfect.In my room shower been floated and more.But all in all this is not bad hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The location is very good, is near the restaurants and the downtown if you require something the attendants are ever a good mood to atendelos. I really enjoyed the hotel.

I'm from Brazil, I went to Serbia for an event and really enjoyed it!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that hotel Gymnas is pet friendly hotel and they don't charge pet fee. I was delighted because I was able to use, not only the hotel's gym, but also individual programs at the fitness center, so I tried kick boxing and yoga. It 's a great place for anyone who likes active vocations. Stuff was great, service was great and I strongly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a big dog ask for room 26. It is spacious and has a great scope for your d...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Zorana M
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have spend a weekend at the Hotel Gymnas with my family.

It is located in the quiet part of Novi Sad but it is not to far from the center.

Rooms are clean, well furnished and beautifully decorated.

We had a misfortune that a party was organized on the floor above us, so it was not possible to sleep at all. After a few complaints, the staff gave us other, upgraded room, far from the party noise. Unfortunately, the switch was made at 2:30 in the morning, so my four years old son and we didn´t get much sleep that night.

The next morning, the manager apologized to us for the inconvenience, and told us that we didn't have to pay for the last night. I must say that this was very professional move.

We have really enjoyed the rest of our stay at this lovely hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mzivkovic012
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We chose Hotel Gymnas based on the previous reviews, because Novi Sad was unfamiliar to us. The hotel staff was young and spoke very good English. They helped us to find good restaurants, buy a sim-card etc.

We had made a reservation for a double room, but it was located on the old site of the hotel. We paid a little bit extra and got a nice room with air-condition, which was excellent choice. The breakfast was included and was ok. You may choose your breakfast from a breakfast menu.

The location of the hotel is close to city and it is ok, if you are travelling by car. Although the taxi was only 160 DIN (~2e) to downtown.

Room Tip: There was new and old rooms. We didn't even wanted to see the old room, because the new room was...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AleksiJ
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I went here awhile ago, but even back then it was pretty good. It's in the middle of Novi Sad but in an area that's pretty quiet (people who have been there know what I mean). It was clean and the rooms were fairly large for an urban hotel. Very helpful staff. If you can get it for a good price grab it.

Room Tip: Like everywhere in Eastern Europe, if you don't smoke specify non-smoking. Otherwise you might n...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
#1 of 27 in Novi Sad
Hotel Leopold I
Hotel Leopold I
#1 of 1 in Petrovaradin

Been to Hotel Gymnas Novi Sad? Share your experiences!