“a nice hostel with a good location”
Review of City Hostel

and 1 more site!
City Hostel
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“a nice hostel with a good location”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

City Hostel in Novi sad in a fairly new and well kept, facility, the rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable and the sheets provided are fresh. There is a small kitchen available next to the rooms.
Be warned:You do have to pay for towels, the parquet on the top floor is very loud and the number of bathrooms and toilets is limited so it might take a while if the entire room goes there at the same time.

But considering the minuses and the price it is a bargain and I would stay there there again.

Room Tip: the top floor has a smaller number of beds in a room, but the parquet is very loud and there is only...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
Sarajevo
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed there for two nights in March 2013. It is not far from the main square and main central streets. Staff was very friendly and helpful during my stay. Room was very nice set, with a big double bed. There was LCD TV and private bathroom as well. It was very cheap but very clean and friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MirzaMM
Sofia, Grad Sofiya, Bulgaria
Reviewed October 16, 2013

In this hostel there are two good things. Many beds in one room (like 10 beds in one room - good for party people on festivals) and kindly staff. Everything else is bad. In room there are no towels, so if you don't have one you can take a shower (be prepare for that). I know this is low budget hostel but for 15 euros you can stay in low cost hotel with everything. Here you cant find shower gel or something. Like I said before this hotel is good when you are big company and want to find something cheap at good location. Another problem are the insects which are too many! Cleanliness is below average level.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Aleksandar S
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

After some incredibly bad orienteering my friend and I found ourselves quite lost, and without a map in Novi Sad. Luckily, we phoned up City Hostel, and they helped us find our way to the hostel! The beds were comfortable, clean, and after experiencing many other hostel bathrooms, I would have to say this shower was incredible! Friendly atmosphere amongst all the guests, and I can imagine during the festival it must be crazy! The staff were incredibly helpful, phoning up the train station for us to find out times, telling us where we could go, and Olga taught me how to make Turkish Coffee! All in all a great hostel in a lovely city! Will stay here again when I revisit Serbia!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank HarryHB
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I chose this place based on positive reviews and I was not at all disappointed. We had a double room with private bathroom and it was excellent - clean and comfortable. Being on the top floor, it was also quiet, though we were not inside that much. On the floor there is a shared kitchen with mini fridge, sink and electric stove which come in handy if you want to prepare breakfast or quick snacks.
The staff is friendly and helpful and they speak fluent English. You get a free map of the city (handy!), but don't count on the shot of rakija another reviewer mentioned. Maybe that was something special. Anyway, it doesn't really matter.
We traveled by car and I was very happy that I could find a free parking spot right in front of the hostel. Also, the place is right at the edge of the old town, in a very nice and clean area. You can get in the center pedestrian area in 5-10 minutes of walking and to Petrovaradin in about 15-20 minutes (walking uphill to the fortress is another story).
There are bakeries and quick marts and cafes very close, which is very convenient.

The only bad thing I could say is that the lock of the bathroom door was jammed. I could've noticed the staff and probably they would have fixed it, but I just used my multipurpose tool to operate the lock.

All in all, I highly recommend the place, especially if you travel by car.

Room Tip: If you want quiet and privacy, go for the double room with private bathroom on the top floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Florian L
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was at this hostel with 30 other people for the same reason so it was great fun. I slept well but on moments it felt really cold and I didn't have any blankets to cover. Bathroom wasn't that clean and toilet seat was destroyed. The good things about this hostel are: location (5min from city center), price (I think you can get a bed for 10€ which is pretty good price) and people working at hostel which were helpful. also, neighbours are fine if you don't make too much noise. I would recommend it but if you have a higher budget, try something else.

Room Tip: Avoid ten-bed room on second floor, it's really hard to make your path through all of beds.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Cozy, friendly, clean, well located (far enough from the crowded streets but close enough to be there in 3 minutes walk). Very kind owners.
The hostel has also a nice yard to enjoy life sitting there.
If I have to go again to Novi Sad, I will stay there for sure.
From Spain: thank you very much for everything again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends