“A lovely hotel after a difficult day.”
Review of Swiss Hotel

Ranked #1 of 64 Hotels in Lviv
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We arrived at this hotel after a six hour drive on the worst road any of us had ever seen. As we had not taken care to note the hotel’s address we then drove around on rough cobbled streets for a while before a very helpful local lad directed us to our destination.
The hotel did not disappoint and our suite was extremely comfortable and welcome after our drive. We had dinner on the roof terrace and watched the local landmarks from our lofty position.
The staff were very friendly, helpful and efficient and gave us good advice about our stay.
We’d love to return for a longer stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
SwissH0tel, Manager at Swiss Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Aonghas,

We highly appreciate the time you took to review the Swiss Hotel. We found your comments insightful.

There are newer reviews for Swiss Hotel

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at Swiss Hotel for a week in 2 different rooms. This is a wonderful hotel, especially for the price, but I did have a few issues regarding my reservation. I reserved a standard room with 2 beds facing the courtyard and on a high floor. The first room I was offered was a charming room on the 6th floor facing the courtyard, but it had only one bed. When I pointed out that I needed two beds because my cousin would be joining me mid-week they quickly found me a room on the 3rd floor. The problem was that it faced the road. I did find it noisy and requested that they give me what I had reserved. It was then that they informed me that they didn't have any rooms with 2 beds facing the courtyard. I was not pleased as I felt that they should have advised me of this when I made the reservation. They moved me to a room on the 4th floor hoping that this would help with the noise, but I didn't find it any better and the room wasn't as large or as nice. I was tired of moving so just stayed there.

I found the beds to be very comfortable, the shower to be excellent, and the terry robes and slippers to be a nice upscale touch. There were a few things missing like Kleenex in the bathroom, a clock and a coffee maker in the room.

The breakfast was excellent with many choices including eggs made to order as you like them. We ate dinner in their restaurant a few times and were quite pleased with the food and especially with the service.

My cousin used their sauna which she enjoyed. I took advantage of their offer to pick me up at the airport. It did cost twice as much as a cab but the one cab ride I took was in a vehicle which had no a/c and wreaked of cigarette smoke. This was not the case with the hotel's car which also offered a less bumpy ride.

If I return to Lviv I will be happy to stay at Swiss Hotel again. I will double check with them prior to my arrival regarding the specifics of my reservation.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are more quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
SwissH0tel, Manager at Swiss Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear haz7,

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This boutique hotel is cared in the centre of Lviv. Makes best sense to stay here for reasonable money . The hotel is very beautiful with lots of authentic derails, that show you Lviv way of life:)) the personnel is more than friendly. The bed is comfortable. Hint: order breakfast in your room to enjoy life:)

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
SwissH0tel, Manager at Swiss Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Maria A ,

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The Swiss Hotel is situate just ten minutes walk from the main square which is ideal. The Hotel is lovely and spotlessly clean. We had a superior room overlooking the street, but extremely quiet. Breakfast was a typically vast Polish breakfast, with enough to keep you going till dinner time, with terrific service. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. There is a very nice atmosphere. Not all that many facilities, so regard as an extremely comfortable B and B, well worth the price, and we will definitely go again next time in Lviv.

Room Tip: 5th floor overlooking street, have nice balconies
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
SwissH0tel, Manager at Swiss Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear terry w

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed at the hotel in 1-st week of May 2013.

The hotel situated in the center of Lvov, but in quite part so it wasn't too noisy.

Breakfast is good. The staff offer to cook eggs as you like and serve it hot. Also, they can brew coffee or tea.

The room is not too big and not to small with queen bed and soft bedding. In our case, it was a little dark, but the hotel staff during the eviction has promised to fix it. Also, if you need to iron something, you need to go to staff room with you clothes and iron there. In fact, when we stay 2 years ago at George Hotel it was the same.

In general, the hotel is nice and left good feelings. Possibly, we will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
SwissH0tel, Manager at Swiss Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dera Sergey N,

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The exteiror of the hotel belies the interior. The staff was very welcoming and the bellman was extremely accommodating. Although the rooms were small, each of the three we (my family and I) had were very comfortable. The hotel restaurant was exceptional, the biggest problem we had was to decide which of the dishes we wanted. The menu features primarily Italian and Ukrainian dishes but everyone, including our vegan, was able to find something delicious to eat.

The hotel is well situated and is only about a two minute walk from the city center. All in all, a great place to stay while in Lviv.

Room Tip: If looking for a room with a queen bed and for two people, opt for something above the standard room...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Samuel M

Dear ,Samuel M

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in Swiss Hotel in June, 2012. Hotel is conveniently located in the center of Lviv, just 5 minutes walk to all major places of interest. It has no own parking, but there is security parking lot in the backyard.
Rooms are stylish and of great quality, everywhere is clean and pleasant.
Quality of food was very good, all our family enjoyed it a lot.

They have small room for business meetings on the third floor.

Please make reservation in advance, especially if there are holidays or interesting events in the city: this hotel is very popular, and often booked out.

One last note: if you haven't been to Lviv yet, just book your flight - this is must-attend city, one of the prettiest in Ukraine.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first and second floors, both were great rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
SwissH0tel, Manager at Swiss Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear SKadulin,