“Leopolis - the only hotel for the perfect Lviv stay!”
Review of Leopolis Hotel

Leopolis Hotel
Ranked #4 of 62 Hotels in Lviv
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Leopolis - the only hotel for the perfect Lviv stay!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

There is nothing that I can add to all of the excellent reviews. The location of the hotel is perfect, on a quiet cobblestone alley within walking distance to nearly all of Lviv's top tourist spots (cathedrals, churches, an open-air market, the main town square, the opera house...). The decor in the lobby and rooms is slightly opulent but comfortable and warm. The free breakfast is abundant with hot dishes, cold cuts, and freshly baked bread. The staff is efficient and friendly (with keys ready for a check-in that lasted less than one minute). The rooms are nicely appointed, with flat-screen televisions, a small sitting area, and a king-sized bed with good-quality linens. My room on both stays had a bathroom with a great step-in shower and plenty of room for my toiletries and makeup. The heat for my fall stay (November) and air conditioning for my summer stay (early September) was more than adequate. There are 3 non-smoking floors and a smoking floor, so my room smelled fresh. The patio for dinner and drinks in summer is private, but with a great view of the pedestrian area outside of the hotel. The library is cozy - a great place to have a drink and unwind. I did not want for anything at all! As often as I travel in Ukraine, I have not stayed in a hotel that made me feel as at-home or comfortable - not even the Intercontinental in Kyiv can compare! The Leopolis is a 4* hotel without the high price tag. I don't know how they do it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Spiderette86

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Volgograd, Russia
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed there once instead of staying in Dnister, that was fully booked. My stay in Leopolis was pleasant. The location is just amazing for tourists (probably not the best for business), right in the historical centre, hundreds of bars and restaurants are in few steps as well as all main attractions. The staffs were very pleasant and warm. My standard room was rather spacious, stylish and well-equipped. The only minus is price, somewhat 3 times more that in Dnister hotel. I can say I really liked Leopolis but don't see a reason to overpay comparing with Dnister.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank GennB
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 9, 2012

After an arduous overseas journey yesterday I arrived at Lviv Airport to the happy face of my driver from the Leopolis. We were at the hotel in a very short time and I arrived to a charming and welcoming lobby (comfortable chairs, beautiful anterooms, an inviting bar) to find the front desk ready with my paperwork. It was the most efficient and swift check-in I've done anywhere in the world, and I was grateful given how tired I felt. To my surprise, when I arrived in my room, I found I was upgraded from a Junior Suite to an Executive Suite. The room is beautifully appointed, comfortable, and elegant. The views out my window are of cobblestone streets and stately old buildings which all add to the charm of this hotel. Ask for Room 320 if you like the description. After a hot shower (complete with excellent Bulgari toiletries) and a nap, I ventured down to the Lobby Bar for a cigar and some tea. I found a fine selection of Cuban cigars and a most accommodating staff. Unbelievably, there is a late afternoon happy hour there with all drinks and canapés complimentary. By sheer happenstance, I met the General Manager who made me fall in love with this hotel even more. He gave me a lot of helpful information about the city and his favorite restaurants. The Spa is not to be believed! It is so beautiful and relaxing. The food is delicious and not expensive. After going out a bit in the evening, I returned to the Leopolis for a Cigar in their Library. The staff kindly agreed to light the fireplace which made it a perfect end to the day. This is a true 5 Star Hotel and I already plan to return with my parents in May for their anniversary.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Eric E
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed September 30, 2012

After one night at another hotel that was dark and depressing, we called Leopolis and asked if we could recieve the same rate as a previous stay. Yes, of course, was the response. Upon arrival the room had only one window, and we asked if a brighter room was available. Yes, of course, was the response. Clean, amazing location, wonderful bathroom, comfy bed linens and pillows, and superb breakfast. The complimentary early evening (5 pm) soft drinks and tasty sandwiches is a nice touch. Prices are on the high side, but we found again - you get what you pay for. We hope to return.

Room Tip: Room 222 is a winner - especially the view onto the quaint street and the amazing cathedral just ste...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank RUSSELLB83
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed September 24, 2012

A wonderful hotel experience! A kind and professional staff, delicious food and elegant rooms made our visit in Lviv to a great memory! We shall definitely make a reservation next time we plan a visit in Ukraine!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Pleasant Valley, NY
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Everything about this hotel is great: The rooms are very comfortable, attractive, and clean. The lobbies (and there are several) are beautifully furnished. The breakfast -- included :) -- is varied and delicious.

Location couldn't be better or more convenient. We found the staff very pleasant and helpful.

The complimentary mineral water was a blessing because we spent a lot of time walking or traveling in the heat of summer.

The afternoon happy hour was an unexpected pleasure, a chance to unwind with a drink and a snack -- and, if you wished, to chat with some of the other hotel guests.

We loved Lviv, and the Leopolis hotel was definitely a factor.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Rosenblatt98
Bellingham WA
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We agree about all the positive remarks about location, the breakfasts, the large rooms, the quiet, the good A/C, and the big windows that open. This is a fine hotel in every respect. We were in 212 in the older part of the hotel which we requested as we wanted no skylights, and we did want windows that opened. It is a charming room large enough to offer two easy chairs with two footstools as well as a desk.. it was beautifully appointed.

The surprise for us was what a good restaurant they had as well. The menu offered a large selection and everything was prepared to a high standard. The menu is also offered on their large outdoor patio as well. Another service the hotel offers is a car which we hired to take us on excursions. The drivers were competent and friendly, and we thought the cost of the service was reasonable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple