“Fabulous!!! Fabulous!!!”
Review of Leopolis Hotel

Leopolis Hotel
Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Lviv
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Loved this hotel. They even prepared a wonderful breakfast for use prior to our leaving at 5 AM! The location was perfect...just off the square and a short walk to the market. The rooms are very nicely decorated and the hotel staff was superb. Each day there was a reception that featured caviar! Can you believe it? I would return here in a heartbeat. Great city with great people.

Room Tip: I traveled with a friend, and her room was excellent as well. Very quiet, but they are expanding fo...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank swoodruf

Reviewed September 15, 2011

We checked into the Leopolis following a ten day cruise on the Black Sea/Dneiper River. The hotel is beautiful and well appointed. The bed is very comfortable and much needed after the cruise. The view is beautiful and the location perfect for touring Lviv. Staff was helpful and there is always someone who spoke English.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank RTR2122
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Best location but very quiet, even weekend so near to the flea market. Best touristic places you can get just walking a few minuts.
Room and facilities cozy, luxurious and confortable. Great breakfast, mixing ukrainian and western products.
Great, nice and close service from all the staff, even the very nice director.
I'll be back soon, I hope the new facilities will be finished and in the same level!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Dimoni
Reviewed June 13, 2011

After traveling through Odessa and Yalta (with so-so hotels), this hotel was a welcome end to my time in Ukraine. The location is beyond perfect and is literally steps from the main square, several great restaurants, shopping and the bulk of the sightseeing you will do in the city.

The room sizes were decent and the layout of the rooms were fine. Superior rooms are a bit tight, so, if the budget allows, definitely go for Deluxe or higher. As much of Ukraine is under construction to prepare for EURO2012, this hotel is also under construction. They're adding 43 rooms to the existing 43 and construction is supposed to be done this fall (2011) but, unless they're going to start working 24 hours per day, I don't see how this will be accomplished. During my stay, only some construction was happening during the day, so noise was not a factor.

I arrived early and a room was available, but only on the smoking floor. I elected to wait for a nonsmoking room. A couple of hours later, a nonsmoking room was ready and I took up my luggage. The smell of smoke in the bathroom was overwhelming, though, and I had to wait for a third room to be ready.

My only real criticisms:
1. Fabric on the easy chairs in all rooms was torn or stained.
2. Furniture in the rooms was a bit banged up and could use a little refresher.
3. Service in the hotel restaurant was lackluster and the hotel's breakfast was a little sad.

All in all, it's really the best option in Lviv for anyone looking for a western-style luxury hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank TravelerGwen
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We chose the hotel after we read the reviews on tripadvisor. And we were not disappointed. It is a good hotel with great rooms, comfortable beds and well-designed bath-rooms. The breakfast is also pretty good. And Leopolis is located right in the center of town.
HOWEVER - since the hotel will serve some official purpose during the upcoming Euro 2012 it is undergoing some renovations. So if you plan to good to Lviv for vacation and sleep late - look elsewhere for the time of the construction.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank beckhambauer
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Simply best in town.. I am originally from Lviv and know the city well. Me and my boyfriend stayed in Leopolis for 3 nights... In fact it was our second stay in the hotel. Location cannot be better- right in the Old town and 1 min to the Opera House. The staff is very helpful and accommodating. The hotel is decorated with taste and not overdone like other hotels in Lviv.
We booked the deluxe room. It was very spacious, clean and comfortable. Bathroom was equipped with Villeroy & Boch accessories. I would also recommend to try out their restaurant. Go for Ukrainian dishes. My only remark would be about their terrace. It could be much more pleasant if they added some flowers, otherwise it looks a little bit dull.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Yuliya28
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Check-in was a breeze. Roman, the bell hop, brought my luggage up. I reported that the safe wouldn't lock. Because it was a holiday and the person who could fix it was off, I was moved to a different room, much roomier than the first with a view overlooking the street, but quiet. I am a very light sleeper, so I always request for a quiet room, which is usually one away from the street. The bed was comfortable. The maid came and turned down the bed in the evenings. The large towels were plush and so were the robes. There were also disposable sleepers. There's a magnified mirror in the bathroom, as well as a hair dryer. Complimentary toiletries were first class.

Breakfast was varied with both hot and cold offerings - made to order omelet, potatoes, crepes, bacon, sausages, fresh fruits, pastries, breads, cereal, etc. Coffee was wonderful. There were different kinds of juices, and teas. The breakfast room itself was cozy. There's an in-house restaurant and room service.

In the evenings during happy hour, there were free appetizers and drinks-- champagne, hard liquor, etc.

Airport pick up and train station drop off were complimentary. Ivan, the driver, even took me to my train. I was afraid I would not find it since I don't read cyrillics. We got there a little early, but he stayed with me until passengers were allowed to board, taking my luggage up into the train. Such a sweet young man.

The hotel is centrally located in a safe area of town. I even walked to and from St George Cathedral.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business