“It's a must when you've the chance”

Lviv Theater of Opera and Ballet
Ranked #4 of 117 things to do in Lviv
Lviv, Ukraine
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“It's a must when you've the chance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Lviv opera is a wonerfull building, it's perhaps the most known building.People make appointments in front of it, that's why you see so many beautiful waiting girls or even young men with presents like flowers in their hands. Inside it is very beautiful and when there are no performances, you can get a total vieu with a gide, that you only pay what you want to pay! The performances are going from opera, ballet but also jazz, or famous Ukrainian or Russian singers etc.. Prices are sometimes very high, don't think that everything is sheep in Ukraine!!!

Visited December 2012

• Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Kiev, Ukraine
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nutcracker ballet was not that good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Compared to what I have seen elsewhere, for example in Kiev. I expected to understand the story from what I have seen on the stage but could not.

Visited January 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Opera”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

When you'r in Lviv you have to go there. It is amazing. Inside is breath-taking.I dreamed of seeing a show there but there was nothing played the day I was there.

Visited September 2012
Kirovohrad, Ukraine
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Ballet Korsar - a MUST to see if you are in Lviv”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I semi-accidentally went to see this ballet last weekend while in Lviv and it turned out to be the premier. What can I say? This is the best ballet I've seen in my life (and I've seen lots of them both in Ukraine including Lviv and in the US). I'm not a huge expert, but even without special expertise I could tell that this performance was a piece of art. First of all - the costumes and the set. Costumes were created from luxurious expensive fabric with a lot of attention to details. Color combination was unbelievable.They looked like haute couture pieces made for ballet. The stage and the lightning were also very colorful and professional. And the last, but not least - all the dancers were great and obviously very high-skilled. Every dancer that took a stage for a solo piece looked like prima (as oppose to other ballets where there is one or two good dancers and the rest are either just ok or even below average). In this ballet every dancer was as close to perfection as I've ever seen. Like I said, I'm not an expert, but this performance was excellent and left me impressed and thinking about about it days later after returning back to my home town and to work.

Visited October 2012
Auckland
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“A good night out in L'viv”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We booked our tickets in advance at the ticket office along Prosp. Svobody (near Opera Passage) a few days before so didn't have to line up at the box office on the night of the performance. Saw Swan Lake, all 3 acts of it and have to say we thought it was good - locals seemed to agree as applause was generous. Nice little cafe in the basement/cellars - good for a glass of wine or whatever.

Visited September 2012