“No concern for client opinion”
Review of Svit Kavy

Svit Kavy
Ranked #4 of 35 Coffee & Tea in Lviv
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This used to be our favorite coffee shop in Lviv, visiting regularly. We would use it for meetings, meeting with friends, coffee dates for just the two of us, and family outings in the city. Recently they placed an 'art' exhibition which should come with a warning that they are not suitable for children. This 'art' is not compatible with our personal Christian beliefs of moral propriety, especially for a coffee shop where families go. When we and others shared our opinions, at first they defended the exhibit, then threatened legal action against anyone who would 'defame' their good reputation.

In my opinion, they have taken the fantastic reputation they used to have, turned their 2nd and 3rd floors into an exhibit hall of adult entertainment, and said to their concerned patrons that they just don't care what we think. That is their right. It is my right to take my business and my money elsewhere.

One reviewer who said that you have to wait in a long queue to order your coffee was correct. There is no table service and the single line to order can be long. That didn't used to matter to us; it was worth it. Now, however, I must say goodbye to Svit Kavy and continue looking for a new favorite coffee shop. There are over 700 other coffee shops in Lviv. Here we come!

2  Thank MarkRhondaBlessing

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We used to visit this coffee shop from time to time and enjoyed their coffee. However, recently Svit Kavy has decided to display a massive nude art exhibition which is nothing short of appalling. Several people (many loyal customers) have written to Svit Kavy to express their concern, but the management remain belligerent, refusing to remove this offensive material.

My wife and I have three young children, and we are looking for cafe's and restaurants that are family-friendly. Perhaps Svit Kavy fancies itself a night club? There are many great coffee shops to choose from in L'viv (we love Kredens!), and from now on, our family will be taking our business to one of those establishments. Good-bye Svit Kavy!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

There is no table service at this place, which means you had better have time on your hands to stand in a queue in the gloomy interior, because service is slow. It also means that if you are visiting alone that you have to try and find a table only after getting your drink and you may not be successful.

1  Thank Newportonian
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is a nice place with outdoor seating and good coffee. However, it is not easy to find. It is hidden in an alley behind the cathedral at the southwest corner of the medieval market square.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I love going to Svit Kavy as often as possible. My favorite to order is a latte with coconut or caramel syrup - incredibly delicious! To this I added either a lemon marbled sponge cake or a macaroon. The other cakes like Zacher, etc. are too rich for me personally, but I brought my friends and they liked it very much. The best place to sit is outside, even newlyweds come to take photos. One thing to improve: they should make the outside terrace non-smoking because on a breezy day, the smoke wafts all over the place. Other than that, the only thing that upset me is leaving!