“Beware of the private room without windows!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Coffee Home Hostel

and 1 more site!
Coffee Home Hostel
Ranked #14 of 203 Specialty Lodging in Lviv
“Beware of the private room without windows!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Yes they give it to me! The worst was the lack of fresh air. Originally i booked the old Ukrainian home hostel. They send me an email a few days before my arrival that this place was closed and offered me an ' even better room' in the Coffee hostel. My complaint didn't help ( the other private room was booked) and i decided to stay as the place the location and its staff are really nice as you read in the other comments

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Encinitas, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed here twice on my trip, once near the beginning and again at the end. I returned mostly because of the kind and helpful staff, Salomeya was so helpful in finding out details at my next destination, helping with booking, buses, trains. That's what made the difference for me and why I came back. Yes it is really close to the coolest parts of the city, the old square and this long park, where people come out for a stroll. Ok it might not have all the ambiance say of Soviet Home hostel, but the great staff more than makes up for that. Rusticka, (sp? sorry Rusty) recommended the Kumpel pub restaurant and i was very glad I went, good beer! and be sure to go to the Lions brewery, it's more like the history of beer but also worth the trip. I'm ony sorry it took me so long to come here and write this. I'd love to hear from or both of you how it's going davidpirl@yahoo.com I miss Lviv!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Artemio M, Owner at Coffee Home Hostel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thanks for your review, we really appreciate, and hope that you come to visit us again and again :)
Krakow, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was backpacking and I stayed in this hostel. The staff was really helpful, spoke good english (even polish). Bathrooms were really nice and clean, rooms tidy, a lot of nice people from different countries.
One of the biggest advantages of this hostel is 3 minutes walking distance from the main square which is really cool and coffee :), there is also a laundry machine so don't worry if you have no clean clothes left. Generally it is a really good place to stay for a little money :)
The only thing that bothered me were people on the street next to the hostel (Teatralna st.) who were quite loud, but since I had my earplugs everything was fine. I would definitely stay there again ;)

Room Tip: be careful with bunk beds, ladder might fall off :)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for positive review!
Budapest, Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay in Lviv and Coffee Home Hostel did help it be true. It was one of the best hostels I`ve stayed in all around Eastern Europe. Comfy, clean, quiet, amazing personnel. Special thanks to Olga and Solomiya - you are very kind and friendly :) The location is absolutely awesome -right in the heart of the city. Everthing interesting is within walking distance. Overall, excellent hostel for a traveller.

Room Tip: Take off you shoes before you come in and you will get sleepers.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Emil_Bond
Samsun, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

One of the best hostels I've stayed during my Eurotrip . The place was perfect for walking around the centre . They offer Lviv's best coffee there as well :P . The Hostel has a superstaff named 'Solomiya' who is very open to chatting and advising you about the town . She also guided us in our last day . For that price , they are offering you a really good service . Definitely , going to visit there next time .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank YusufElmacioglu
Thanks for your review, we do not claim to have the best coffee, but at least it's always free, that make it one of the best :)
For your next visit don't forget to mention that you are a returning visitor , and you'll have 10% off.
Thanks again
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Price is cheap. The location is good. The atmosphere is great. They provide great coffee.The staffs are very nice and helpful. They tried thier best to help us. They also organised a party on high castle for us. It was so sweet. We had a happy night. If u choose Coffee Home, it will be like the "Super beautiful staff" Solomiya alway said" u choose the best". Awesome. But I think they can install some colling fans. Some rooms don't have window, it is quite uncomfortable to stay these room in hot summer day time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rayfong2013
Thanks for your review,
we have only 1 room left without window and we're going to fix that really soon. Cooling fans will be also installed till next summer. Take a chance and come to visit us again :)
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Home Hostel, in this case, "coffee home hostel" was one of the hostels with the best service i ever had- and i stayd in many hostel already :)
If somebody goes there say hello to Ivan, Solomia, Yulia, Nata, Olga, marta and Rostyk! I hope i forgot nobody. I had great time with this people! ;)
i also can recomment to you the Soviet Home Hostel! another "Home Hostel"

1 Thank Thomas K
Thomas, thanks for your review,
we and all your staff are doing our best to make your stay confortable