Tripadvisor
Lviv
Review Highlights
Great walking tour in Lviv

Our guide Paulo has quite a lot of information about the city. We had a small group of four people... read more

Reviewed yesterday
AlecT115
Tour: Hidden secrets of Lviv

Easy and well organised, not too long, not too short (approx 2,5 hours). Our guide, Solomia, was... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
M7580UZjans
Palamos, Spain

Recommended experiences in and around Lviv
from $56.35
from $16.48
from $56.80
from $38.45
More Info
All reviews free walking tour great tour night tour hidden secrets tour cultural tour food tour highly recommend this tour street art interesting stories underground tour private tour answered all our questions coffee break great knowledge two hours an excellent guide deep knowledge
Selected filters
Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

We had a fantastic night! Don't compare to other pubcrawls as this isnt your average pub crawl but thats to be expected given the amount of tourists in Lviv. Our guides Peter and Roman were very friendly and welcoming and did their best to make sure we had a great night. We visited some unique and interesting spots along the way you would not find anywhere else. We started with special shots and nearly ended with our special cocktails....those in Lviv will know what we mean! Roman was great he got us home safely and kept us thoroughly entertained with tales of his life in the Ukraine. Slán from the Irish girls :)

Date of experience: November 2017
Peter A, Owner at Lviv Buddy Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2017

Dear Emma,

thanks so much for this review. Getting to hang out with you and Donna was a blast and I am happy you enjoyed the pub crawl! Hope to see you back here sometime!

Have a great trip!

Reviewed November 2, 2017

We really enjoyed the walk with Bogdan this Tuesday! He was always eager to answer our questions and we spent together some intersting moments. Without a Buddy Tour we would have never seen some interesting sights of Lviv. Trip recommended!

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank JakubK2896

Hi Jakub,

Bohdan and I thank you very much for leaving us feedback. We are glad you enjoyed it!

You have a great day!

Reviewed October 26, 2017

If you are a smart traveler, you will take this tour on your first day in Lviv. You will not only get an interesting history lesson and find many of the gems in the city, you will also get a walking map of the city, discover where to go for night life, and good food. Peter even helped me find a back-pack when mine broke.
The best tour you can get anywhere is from someone who knows and loves the city - and Peter knows and loves Lviv.

Date of experience: October 2017
Peter A, Owner at Lviv Buddy Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2017

Hi Catherine!

Thanks so much for joining and I am happy you enjoyed it! Also I am happy I could help you get a new backpack in time before you left!
Hope to see you again sometime!

Cheers

Reviewed September 24, 2017

After spending three wonderful weeks in Lviv, I joined Peter's Lviv Buddy free walking tour that meets daily at noon in front of the Opera House. I have been traveling in Europe for 1 1/2 years and this is the BEST free walking tour on the continent. Peter knows his facts and history about Lviv and shares it in a way that enlightens one to the complexities of the region along with a sense of humor. I only wish I had done this tour when I first arrived in Lviv, and not at the end of our stay. I particularly enjoyed some of the apartment courtyards we visited, one of which was full of toys and where one could "leave a toy, take a toy" and another that had soviet era art. We received many good restaurant and drinking establishment recommendations and enjoyed a meal together half way through the tour. Thank you, Peter, for restoring my trust in free walking tours! I only wish I had more time in Lviv to join other tours offered by your company. Cheers!

Date of experience: September 2017

Dear Kathy!

Thanks so much for this review, glad you enjoyed the tour!

See you again here soon, hopefully!

Reviewed September 22, 2017

Two main things I value immensely in walking tours:
1. Historical knowledge to explain how this area came to be what it is today and how it related to neighboring regions throughout its past.
2. Strong command of English if the tour is in English. Language ability allows for a more accurate and robust description of everything discussed, and it keeps the speed of the talking at a desirable non-boring rate.

I did the two 12:00 "free" tours with the head guy of Lviv Buddy Tours. He demonstrated both qualities I described above. I hope more international people come to Lviv to discover how pleasant/cool/interesting/inexpensive/safe this place is and that they utilize the tours that Lviv Buddy offers.

Date of experience: September 2017

Hey!

Thanks so much and glad you enjoyed it so much! Have a great day!