“Trendy Vegan Cafe”
Review of Vegano Hooligano

Vegano Hooligano
Ranked #166 of 661 Restaurants in Lviv
Reviewed August 26, 2018

Really enjoyed my meal here; ordered the "Cream-Cheese" and sun-dried tomato vegan bowl, and a freshly-pressed orange juice, which was overall very tasty but quite light- would recommend ordering a side such as the delicious french-fries.
Pleasant waitresses and fast service, but trouble understanding what gluten was, and were unwilling to swap the bulgur wheat from my bowl for quinoa unless I paid extra, and also were unwilling to serve a burger without the bun. Coeliacs should take care.
Very trendy decor with lots of plants and a selection of records and overall fantastic value for money. Would recommend for all vegans in Lviv.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 10, 2018

On my visit, half of the dishes on the menu were not available. I had 'Mexican bowl' which was just sweetcorn and over salted couscous. My friends ordered a tofu steak which was a mini piece of under seasoned tofu with couple of slices of tomato and cucumber. Probably any restaurant could do a better dish from left over than this place calling itself a vegan restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

I ordered hummus with falafels and some raw veggies, the food was great. And people who work there were being really patient and trying to explain their menus to me. The atmosphere is really chilling there were some people reading and doing their works

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018

Finding something vegan in Lviv is not an easy job and making to Vegano Hooligano saved my day!
I had bowl with avocado which was really tasty, fresh and looked good (though they could be giving some bread as side!) and potato wages with nice spices and great chilli sauce.

Friendly, easy-going atmosphere, good place to work with your laptop, free tap water.

Nice alternative in a meat city :)

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018

At first we were happy to have found this trendy vegan restaurant, great place where you can sit with friends or your computer and just enjoy time.

The menu looks excellent but as you can read about my review about GREEN, it was rather dull and tasteless. The worst was that the burger was burned but you couldn't see it immediately because it was some kind of beetroot burger. However, you quickly noticed when starting eating that it was burned on two sides. This is at least unacceptable for me but I was too exhausted to complain because I could predict the answer...

The sallad was too cold coming directly from the fridge (?) and not very tasty either but it looked great...

This things happen when vegetarian restaurants are run by Hippe groups. The have volunteers in the kitchen and some are great chefs others have no clue what to do in a kitchen. This is often the case with Govinda run by Hare Krishna. Sometimes wonderful tasty food, sometime hardly able to eat it.

It is also not cheap for being a Ukrainian restaurant for locals.

Second time we attempted to check if there was anything else interesting on the menu, which cannot be burnt, the air was stuffy and humid because the door was open and unclear if there is any air-condition. I know that locals are used to this kind of sticky air since they usually don't have AC at home or not use it because it is too expansive but for some one who is not used to pressuring humid stuffy air it is unbearable. We left and chose never to come back again.....

Date of visit: June 2018