Amadria Park Jakov
Apartments Palma(Sibenik)(Great Value!)
$41
Medulic Palace(Sibenik)(Great Value!)
$50
Guest House Parkcity(Sibenik)(Great Value!)
$48
Agrotourism Kalpic b&b(Sibenik)(Great Value!)
$83
$163
$158
$115
  • Pool
All reviewsrecommend this hotelfood for breakfastsolaris beachexpensive resortgreat summer holidaymini golfold fashionedreally enjoyed our stay herefamilies with childrenstar hotelother hotelshotel poolspent dayseach eveningclean roomswater parkhalf board
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Hotel Jakov is one of 5 hotels of Solaris resort and is situated at the east side of resort. It is surrounded by nice gardens with plenty of palm-, olive-, pine- and rosetrees. The hotel has 2 pools: one for adults with max. depth of 110 cm (I know, pretty pigmaeic proportions), and the other for children with max.depth of 48 cm, both well-cleaned and maintained. Rooms are good and regularly cleaned. Food is varied, but quality is just OK: not so bad, not so good. Staff is nice and polite.
Beach that is just in front of hotel is not the place you want to spend your vacation, but just 2 minutes walk from there you have nice Family beach. There are lot of opportunities to have fun in resort, for children and adults.
Lacks of this hotels are:
1. Rooms don't have balconies
2. Complete animation program in hotel is for French tourists
That's the story of hotel Jakov. But I have to say a word about complete resort. After couple of days here in Solaris, you get an impression that they want to squeeze out every cent of you. For example,they charge you 2 Euros per day for parking that is reserved only for hotel guests, so you have to ask yourself: what's the point? Isn't hotel parking for hotel guests? Why pay something that naturally belongs to you?
That's the smallest problem. Prices of food and drinks in restaurants, hotel bars etc. are pretty high: about 30% higher than rest of Croatia. There are few beach shops, but their prices are high too. All beaches are covered with sunbeds and they are charged 6,5 Euros per day. You can see what majority of guests thinks about it when only 20-30% of sunbeds are filled, and the other tourist are lying on their own towels and chairs.
All in all, this is nice, clean, well maintained,full-of-action resort, but prepare your wallets to be devastated :-)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Adnan78
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Our family of 4 was there for a week in August
ROOMS: clean, fairly new, good beds, enough space, no coffee maker, small fridge that we were able to empty out and use for our drinks, good service.
HOTEL ambiance: terrible. Completely taken over by french animation program Lookea for about 100 french guests arriving specifically to this hotel every week. As a result, there is no place to have a coffee or a drink or relax by the hotel pool, because the entertainment with loud speakers and french enthusiastic staff clapping, jumping and playing loud music from their own speakers. You are not allowed to use other hotel pools (like hotel Ivan, etc).
BEACH: it is a bay with shallow water, good for small chidren and good for swimming, because there is no boat traffic. It is at the end of the resort, so it is less bussy with people walking by and noise would be minimal, if there was not the french program
FOOD: Pretty bad. We had half board (breakfast and dinner). They cannot cook. Really. I almost concluded, that croatian kitchen is that bad. It is just that staff at this resort is unable to cook. What could be wrong with steamed broccoli ? Everything, if you totally overcook it. Or a cabbage salad? I do know how it tastes if you remove the rotten parts of cabbage and use the rest of it. Or a soup? It tasted like it was from a box. Still people were coming with full plates. You can always eat their good breads, butter, some veggies, fruits etc. The coffee at breakfast was from a machine that used a mix of instant coffee and dry 'milk'. Yuck. It was better to have just the coffee and add the hot milk from the container next to it. The only problem with that was that there was a sour milk in the collumn indicating the level of milk in the container. I pointed out to the staff that there might be a problem with that milk, but they mimed that it is fine. It is true that what went to my cup tasted fine. It just made me think of their cleaning routines.

I would say, that we would not recommend this place and would not come back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank jpcz
Reviewed July 28, 2012

First of all, the official airport transfer service is utterly poor. They were an hour late for us and 2 hours late for some of the others. Secondly, the staff are rude. My husband only received 4 days internet only when he paid for 5 and they were rude to him when he complained about it i.e. slapped the password on the desk and glared at him and didn't apologise for the mistake.

What is most bizarre about this place is you have to pay extra for tap water with your food, because they said water is not included. When we asked why, the restaurant manager said it was company policy.

On Wednesday evening we wanted to order a cap to Sibenik so we asked the hotel reception to order one for us, but she it would cost twice as much as "normal cab" so if we want to pay less we should go outside to get our own as the hotel would not order "normal cab" for us.

Both my husband and I are well travelled, we dare to say services at Solaris is the worse we've ever come across. The beach and the bars are nice but the basic hotel service is more like a hostel than a hotel.

Few other things I need to mention: Utterly poor coffee, poor breakfast and super slow internet (if you are on a business trip, good luck). Our room is very small with no double or queen size bed, only 2 single beds were put together, also, for some strange reasons, we got a bunker bed next to our bed so it makes the room even smaller.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank RebeccaSDavis
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The best hotel I've ever visited!
I've been staying for 7 days at Hotel Jakov. The stay was really nice and so are the staff, in the end I was almost sorry to leave. Entering the room, it was clean and quiet (couldn't hear a noise). The bathroom is also spacious and very clean. The shower seems to be bigger than my house.The bed was one thing that if I could take him home, I would have done.
My friends were there last year and they recommended it to me. The rooms are beyond beautiful and the service makes you feel like royalty.
You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Ilina L
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I had a beautiful vacation in this charming hotel at the end of June 2012. I like the room and the environment around the hotel. The stuff was really friendly and even spoke Russian. I highly recommend this hotel for everybody!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends