“Modern but charming owned by great people”
Review of Hostel Mare

and 1 more site!
Hostel Mare
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We had a blast in hostel Mare. It's centrally located, quiet, considering the busy road in front, and rather cheap. Very clean with nice showers and a/c that worked well. The location is perfect and the owners are among the best I ever met. Cool, cool place. Oh yeah, i loved the reception design.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Went there on our honeymoon tour. We booked the only private room which was spacious, private bathroom, tv, aircon, free wifi, clean. The owners are really friendly. And the best part is the location, just across the street from the old town.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank life_school
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

In the last 15 years i have seen many hostels but i have never felt so pampeted and so much at home as here. The place is brand new, the facilities spic and span clean but most of all the owner is so amazingly friendly and caring and knowledgeable that it sounds unreal. I am just grateful for all the small tokens of care that i have received in those days. I felt I have a lovely brother here in Šibenik. Thank you!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 28, 2013

A great place for a short stay
Pleasant and sweet

I visited Hostel Mare in May 2013 on a business visit to Sibenik.
It is a family run hostel and it can be felt.
They manage to create good vibes, to be on service to their guests,
but they do not forget to neatness and cleanliness.
I highly recommend it, for business or entertainment stay in Sibenik.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Ekaterina_bloch
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I just stayed 3 days in Mare, and it really is very clean,comfortable nice new hostel..Its run by a family and they are very friendly, lovely people with helpful I can do attitude. As they just started, I think they will add few things there in future as they will find out what people need ( there is no fridge or any computer for guests- they do have wi-fe), but they dont hesitate to let you sit by reception desk to check your emails if needed, or try to put your food in their small fridge. They will do their best to make sure you are happy there.

Its very quiet place, so you will get nice goodnite sleep on comfortable beds, but if you are party person and expect common noisy room to hang out around as you are used to from other hostels, it wouldnt be the place for you..

Location is nice as you are in centre in few minutes.

I will come back for sure one day. I had a great time . I would recomened this place with all my heart.

Have a great holiday

Zlati

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Zlati J
Reviewed July 6, 2013

From the moment I arrived at the front desk I felt like I was coming home. After an entire day of cycling from Zadar, I was told to "spend an overnight" in Sibenik. I ended up staying for 3 days and 2 nights thanks to the hospitality of the Coric Family.
This Hostel BRAND NEW (March 2013), and clean, intelligently designed, and well located in the town. The Front desk and the owners are patient and takes as much time you need to help you find your way in whatever it is that interests you.

It is worth the further walk from the bus station to sleep here.

Room Tip: The entire place is brand new,m you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Tacti21
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I travelled with a friend and we both LOVED Mare, really great hostel. Rooms were clean, they were cleaned every day. Nice and spacious with very comfortable beds! We stayed here for 3 days and felt very comfortable and at home by the time we left. It is located in the historic city center, at walking distance to all attractions, pubs :) and restaurants. Would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends