“Best pizza on our trip to Croatia!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trattoria Canzona

Trattoria Canzona
Ranked #31 of 184 Restaurants in Zadar
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Mediterranean, European, Croatian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
paris, france
“Best pizza on our trip to Croatia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2014

Had a fabulous vegetarian pizza that was very keenly priced in this Italian trattoria in old-town Zadar. Great value for money and the best pizza I had on our trip :-)

Visited August 2014

• Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
London, United Kingdom
“A Tasty Large Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

We went to this pizzeria for my 26th birthday dinner. We had our hearts set on eating here and asked the waiter if we could have a table for 2. He replied while walking away telling us it would be a 20 minute wait. I asked him, once he walked by again, if we could walk around and return in 20 minutes. He said of course but didn't take our names to put on a waiting list so I didn't feel confident that a table would be waiting for us in 20 minutes. We noticed, as we turned the corner to begin our walk, another entrance to the restaurant and an empty table for 2 calling our name. I asked the waitress at that entrance if we could be seated and she said yes. We happily sat down and order 2 pizzas. When they arrived our jaws dropped at their size. I personally felt intimidated by the size of my pizza but my boyfriend was overcome with shear joy. The pizzas were delicious but a little salty. My boyfriend was lucky enough to get to eat 1 and a half pizzas! The service was good and they happily refilled our tap water (you have to ask for tap water or they will bring you bottled water... or voda as we say in Croatian).

Yum! Happy 26th birthday to me!

Visited August 2014
Budapest
“Don't miss this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Everytime we are in Zadar this place is our 'must go' ..! Delicious foods, very charming neighbourhood, big portions, and friendly staff... Pizza, seafood, salads and also the desserts are really good. One of our favourite restaurants in Croatia. At peak times you'll have to wait a bit but it's well worth to be patient!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Szil108
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great food better service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

We arrived peek time and we still swiftly seen too. As all tables were reserved or occupied we were made aware of a wait. As we were keen to try the food and weather was lovely sitting at a near by bar table and having a drink was no problem for us. I had not even finished my drink by the time they had cleared a table for us and I was able to take this with me to the table. After some deliberating over the amazing dishes on offer we made our decisions and were ready to order. We said we would like a white wine and the waiter recomended us a wine based on our food choices that work exceptionaly. After trying this wine we went to purchase more to take home. When our mains came out, a pizza each and a salad to share, our jaws dropped. they were massive. Both amazing but too big. The waiter kindly offered them to us to take home in a box for later which we did. The whole meal was made lovely by great service that was never over baring or pushy and full of humour. A great experience that i would love to repeat.

3 Thank glitch2385
Gorla Minore
“Nice locate not expensive restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

Walking through Zadar pedestrian zone we have choosen this restaurant without a particular reason.
Nice place and staff, clean restaurant, quick service and about the food I can say that our pizza was not bad even with too much oil and the grilled cuttlefish was excellent.
Latest but not the least we spent only € 35 euro with drinks for three people