Review Highlights
A very long time on a boat but just about worth it in the end

This is a LONG boat trip. It took less time to fly from the UK than it did to get to the first... read more

Reviewed September 25, 2018
Nick W
via mobile
Memorable excursion

Really enjoyed the excursion to the Kornati Islands, the views of the Islands were breathtakingly... read more

Reviewed October 6, 2018
Travel815789
United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Zadar
from $40.18
from $43.62
from $86.09
More Info
All reviews captain's house private island kornati national park kornati islands grilled fish and meat mana island after reading a lot of reviews water sandals day trip sea urchins cliff jumping nature lovers second stop white wine amazing tour salt lake small island
Reviewed June 2, 2016

We expected to be taken out on a boat to go see some croatian islands, get a tan, do some swimming, eat some food - the romantic idea of visiting the islands.
This alas, did not provide.
After an early 8am start you are on the boat for 90% of your day with an hour for lunch (the fresh fish was very pleasant, the pork wasn't and I can't say much for the battery acid wine). I learnt more about my host than i did the Kornati Islands given her low quality english and desire to use the megaphone despite their being only 8 english speakers on board.

A saving grace of the day was that we were sat at the front all day and met a great group of people; if we had not it would've been really rather boring.

Would not recommend or do again - go private or hire your own boat.

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed May 24, 2016 via mobile

We booked this trip with Branko via email. He told us that unfortunately he wasn't attending the trip the day we wanted to do it so he organized the trip with a partner ship.

Unfortunately, although we had a nice day visiting this beautiful landscape, the trip was not as described. But this was due to the management of the "barba ivo" ship and not to Branko: the ship came too late, we did not receive any information at all during the trip, they changed the route without notice...

I told Branko afterwards about this incident and he reacted immediately. He told me he was going to brake his relationship with the "barba ivo" and he was really sorry about the incident. He even invited us to come back again for free. Then I could understand why all people were so delighted with Branko and his company.

That's why all I can say is: 5 stars customer service for Branko!

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed September 17, 2015

We traveled to Croatia by car , of course we saw a large part of the country, so boat trip to islands was not necessary. Encourage positive feedbacks, we chose trip to Kornati islands. Primarily, our boat was canceled so we moved to another ship. Ship and service left a very ugly impression. No interest to take care of the welfare of tourists, but more important to get money. In price was including breakfast, drinks , lunch , tickets for the national park. Breakfast - sandwich, lunch- meat and fish meal. free drinks were water, wine and fanta, had to pay for coffee or other drinks. Attractions objects very weak.

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed August 10, 2015

It was nice trip around the cornati islands. The boat stops in aprivate island where you can enjoy around just before heading for another island for Lunch.

It was little surprising that even after being told vegetarians they did not have much to offer for lunch.

It was also surprising that though the places are not fixed any where , but still some people who were in the top deck refuse to leave places , the neither the captain nor the organiser were able tos ort out this issue.

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed July 22, 2015

My name is Lidia. I would be glad to share with you my impressions which I'm still full off! I wrote a poem because it's the best way to express my views, feelings and my impressions. The words aren't enough to describe what Kornati arhipelag really is.

Kornati

Suddenly
We are entering in a gorgeous space
A little paradise on Earth
Where God crowned
Many of islands and isles
About a houndred and more!

The naked pastures
Like hair – cutted sheeps
Are following in a row
One by one
In a line
With rare stone houses
And hand made walls of stone

Look at this now!
The islands with green bushes
All around like spots or dots!

Some of them with pine trees
One with a big cross
Then the hilly island
With misterious rests of walls
An island with a little ancian church
The island with cliffs
And the next one
With a funny plate form

The turquoise sea
Is a magic mirror
Trough which you can see
The carpet of the
Untouched sea

We are sailling forward
Near the cliffs
Beside the lighthouse
Sea caves
By the islands like faces
Where many of legends are created

From many countries gathered
We land on the Mana island
To take a swim
In deep to dive
Like big kids we are
Delighted
All around scattered
By the wind refreshed

There are many more things to see
We are sad because it's time to leave
But our hearts are rich
And full of joy and peace
We are carring with us
The memories from the islands
Of beauty and silence