All reviews old city swimming pool free wifi hotel is in a great location reception staff big hotel sea organ nice balcony adriatic sea stayed nights min walk balconies hairdryer
Selected filters
Reviewed April 14, 2019

A good choice hotel near to the city. Hotel reception was very polite and the rooms were clean and confortable. I head here after a long ride on my motorcycle and it was a good stay, room was silent with a nice balcony looking out. Restaurant was average good in the morning with different things to eat. I will for sure come back on my way home.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 13, 2019

We stayed 3 nights in Hotel Kolovare with half-board.

The hotel is very close to the beach and you can walk into Zadar old town with ease. Our room is of a good size and has a sea view.

Staff at the reception are friendly and helpful. However, the restaurant staff are a different story. They gave us the impression that they don't know how to interact with customers. The first night we arrived at the restaurant we were told quite rudely that we can sit anywhere. I will give them the benefit of the doubt that language is a barrier. However, they tend to gather together and chat instead of attending to customers. You just don't feel welcomed.

We have included (buffer) dinner in our booking and it turned out to be a bad decision. The first night we went down as soon as dinner started and we were pleased with the choices of food. In the 2nd night we went to see the famous Zadar sunset and thus came back about mid way. To our surprise there was a big group there. Most food were consumed and were not refilled. e.g. In a pan-fried fish dish there were only 2 fish heads left. Most dishes are gone. This continued in the 3rd night too. The restaurant just won't replenish the food. So you have the choice: either you come down ASAP to eat the so so food, or you see the famous Zadar sunset and eat fish heads.

Breakfast is also poor with little variety. One morning we found 4 dishes of egg: scrabble egg, scrabble egg with ham, fried egg, boiled egg. Ok, there are other food but as a person who is not picky, I found myself stuffing my stomach just not to get hungry. Yes, they also do not replenish the food in breakfast. So if you don't come down early you will have little to choose.

The hotel seems to serve many groups. If you don't want to "fight" for food, eat your dinner outside.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2019

Small rooms that feels like some budget hotel but still comfortable. Basic amenities and clean. Front desk staff were polite when spoken to but they do not attend to you if you just stand at the front desk unless you warrant their attention. Not much of a view of the beach as the small balcony facing the beach is blocked by trees and a metal deco shade. We walked out the hotel to a dark street and through an unlit uncompleted dirt road to the old town. What a difference there as 2 supermarkets are located with some fast food chain, like McDonald's. In the morning we explored the hotel andto the beach behind. Great view and we could see how big the hotel was. Breakfast was good with an extensive variety. Checking in/ out was fast and hassle free.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2019

This is perhaps the only big hotel that's within walking distance to the old city center, "big" in the sense that it is the hotel of choice for tour groups that come in busloads. As such, expect breakfast time to be a crowded and rowdy affair. The hotel otherwise looks pretty dated, it's right beside a beach at a not-too-busy area with practically no dining or shopping options nearby.

That said, the room I got was quite standard. The bed and pillows were big and firm enough for me, there were cable tv, free wifi, in-room safe, toiletries and a mini-bar. Bathroom had a tub/shower and hair dryer. My room came with a balcony though not much scenery to admire from it.

Breakfast was so-so: the standard, cold meat slices, sausages, cheeses, eggs, cereals, breads, and juices. Check-in and check-out were average provided you don't get mix up with a tour group at the same time,

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 10, 2019 via mobile

Very tiny room but cosy, comfortable and clean. Had our dinner and breakfast there. Both not fantastic, I would say. There's a big pool at the back of the hotel facing the sea. 200m walk to nearby shopping mall.

Date of stay: February 2019