“Perfect”

Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Zadar
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Currently here now..... Except i thought mini family room would be slightly bigger and the cot/kettle I requested by e mail had to be asked for again upon arrival sadly no early check in but get it's peak season everything else is faultless... Food is very varied and tasty... Beer is nice wine is ok Iv had worse....staff friendly ... This trip was party for my daughters birthday and we are having a ball.... It's not cheap but it's worth it....

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank munchyDublin
ivan p, General Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Dear MunchyDublin,

thank You very much for Your stay in our Hotel as well as for the nice words. Me and my team take all guests observations as priority in operational process. I'm really glad You recognized again our effort in service quality. We try not only to fulfill our guest expetations, but to surprise them every time they come back to our house. I'm really glad You are able to enoy Your vacation with your family and the service we provide.

I wish all the best to your daughter for her birthday! Have a nice and enoyable rest of the stay!!

Reviewed August 7, 2014

First of all I have to say that when I booked my room I thought that this resort was too much expensive if comparized with Italian ones but when I arrived I took half a day to understand why.
Excellent restaurant (my personal compliments to Ivan always ready to have few words with guests while he was serving his delicious pasta with a lot of plates every lunch and dinner (I appreciated the idea to dedicate each dinner to a particular country of the world).
My room was perfect for me, my wife and my daughter with two separate rooms and two bathrooms.
Indoor and outdoor swimming pools are perfect for all guest from 0 to 99 years but the best is, without any doubt, the animation team.
My daughter (ten years old) never spent a minute in the miniclub during her life and when the first day the animation team (particular thanks to Karla) picked up her she said ok maybe because it was a rainy day.
From that day on, for all my holidays, from the opening to the closure of Falkyland (this is the miniclub name) I spent 15 days without daughter since she spent all time with the animators lunch and dinner included.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank mr31032001

Dear mr31032001,

thank You very much for Your stay in our Hotel as well as for the nice words. Me and my team take all guests observations as priority in operational process. I'm really glad You recognized again our effort in service quality. We try not only to fulfill our guest expetations, but to surprise them every time they come back to our house. I'm really glad You were able to enoy Your vacation and the service we provide, especialy your daughter..

Hope to see You soon again in Club Funimation Borik, I will be more than glad to welcome You and Your family.

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We visited the end of July for a family holiday for a week.
We have three young children and had reserved the family suite, the biggest of the hotels rooms.

First of all the room, it was a lot smaller than what we were expecting & have previously stayed in on other vacations. It was clean but certainly not the standard you would expect. The bathroom has a poor finish, thick lime scale around the end of the taps, plugs that don't work in the sink & bath and the toilet roll like paper. The view from the balcony was not at all appealing either, you certainly wouldn't want to sit and relax.
The children's room with bunk beds is just that with a roller door, there's no floor space to play.

Onto the food and drink, in our opinion it's not worth having all inclusive at all. Food is so cheap in Croatia and you will get better quality buying it as you go.
The drinks, as in spirits and soft drinks were most certainly watered down. Everything else, red wine, beer, coffee was all from machines. Cocktails and branded spirits were charged extra. Basically anything that tasted nice!
I had an email before paying, from Marija Buselic /hotel reservations stating bottled water is included. When we arrived at the hotel we were told this was incorrect & you have to in fact pay for bottled water, it's only tap water that's free (not what the email said). This was extremely dissatisfying when we had been told bottled was included, it cost £40 to make up our babies milk for the week. If we had known when I had asked I would have brought pre made bottles, not formula powder.

At mealtimes they have a large selection of meals, always plenty of salads, fish and meat. It's themed cuisine each night, although the restaurant is extremely busy especially when it rains as the whole outdoor area gets closed. We struggled to get a table at times.
There's plenty of highchairs but they have removed the safety straps for some reason?!

The paid bar in reception was much nicer to eat at, much more relaxed experience although they don't have much variety on the menu.
Eating at the main restaurant was like eating at a zoo, being british it's not the way we are used to dining. A perfect example, whilst waiting for the chef to cook a fresh batch of seafood pasta, a large crowd formed around him. He politely asked guests to form a queue whilst it cooked, no one would & one man shouted "what do you think we are British?" That just about sums up the so called dining experience, it's like a free for all and the majority of guests would take the food from your mouth. Expect a lot of pushing and elbows!

The pools were good, plenty of sun beds that you can position around the grounds yourself.
One pool is cold, the one with the slide & indoor one warm. There's a smaller splash pool for toddlers and two playgrounds with sandpits.
On rainy days the hotel struggled to provide for the guests, everywhere was crowded and very unpleasant. They brought the entertainment system into the indoor pool when it rained, guests brought extra sun beds from outside, it was so crowded. No one supervises the pools so people often play ball, bring in huge inflatables etc. I think that this should be improved and there surly should be a restriction on extra sun beds from outside and people. Honestly they had put beds right up to the pool edge in the water overflow!

The old town of Zadar is beautiful, you can get a land train that drives along the sea. The hotel also has a shop selling excursions and another one selling gifts, inflatables, toys etc.

The beach is shingle which is sharp and does need water shoes for children. It's not a pretty beach, but you can get peddle boats, go parasailing and get an ice cream & watch the sunset. The beach isn't private so does get full quickly with locals.

The staff in Faulky land work extremely hard, we sat in whilst our children played, however at times that too gets extremely busy, again there seemed to be no restriction.
Too many people in one place!

They have a private doctor come to the hotel every morning between 8am and 10am cost about £35 for a consultation. There's a pharmacy along the street, a ten minute walk.

Overall I wouldn't recommend to anyone to be honest. I really don't know why the reviews are so good, I can only assume the standards and expectations are a lot lower. My aim is always to be honest and if I can save someone else from having the same disappointment then I will be happy.
To the hotel I expect you will apologise and state it's most unusual which I admit it seems to be, but at the end of the day it is what it is & people have a right to know.

A week for us totalled about £2400 with taxi transfers and all inclusive for four guests. I'm just really relieved to be home!

Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank KT3BOYS
ivan p, General Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear KT3BOYS,

thank You very much for Your stay in our Hotel as well as for Your kind review on Trip advisor. Me and my team take all guests observations as priority in operational process. We try not only to fulfill our guest expetations, but to surprise them every time they come back to our house.

I'm really sad our hotel did not meet your expectation in mentioned points. As it is known we are fully family and club concept with all facilities coming with this category. Our hotel offer 258 rooms and it's reasonable that we have lots of guests at the same time. As a family brand we are very popular among the families providing service they need and ask for ( we got a numerous awards within this segment ). We are aware that situation with rainy week caused some nervose among certain number of guests because all the people were at the same time in hotel not having oportunity to use outside pools, animation, sea..., but we did our best to provide inhouse entertainement and to make a good atmosphare. Understunding and flexibility from most of the guests in this situation is something we are greatfull for. I'm really sorry you it was not enough to provide You best vacation. As I mentioned before, your opinion is very important to us, as well as opinions of all the guests writing their reviews on Trip Advisor. We fully respect your adittude and it has the same strenght as all the other on this portal. The other guests who left their reviews were also honest as you did so we would like to treat your opinion as subjective one and not the one that should generally invite future potentilal guests not to visit our hotel. It could be unfair to numerous guests who left an excellent reviews.

I do hope so this expirience wan't influence Your decision about visiting one of our other hotels and I'm sure we will provide You the best service next time.

With best regards!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Perfect family hotel, good food, a lot of animation. Nice region. They are very friendliness and helpfulness. They wifi is also good. The rooms are cleanliness & linen change. Restaurants and bars in the area.

Room Tip: family suite
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Thijs T
ivan p, General Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Thijs,

thank You very much for Your stay in our Hotel as well as for the nice words. Me and my team take all guests observations as priority in operational process. I'm really glad You recognized again our effort in service quality. We try not only to fulfill our guest expetations, but to surprise them every time they come back to our house. I'm really glad You were able to enoy Your vacation and the service we provide.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Great hotel situated near the coast. Spacious rooms and good food. People at the reception are very helpful and friendly. We also booked two trips through the little tourist shop situated in the hotel Also they provided a good service and think the prices were still reasonable. Kids (3 and 7) loved the kids club and also liked the lunches and dinners with Falckey. The kids animators were great in entertaining the children. This gave us some to relax. Overall great hotel and would recommend it. Visited last year one of the Valamar hotels in Porec and would say that they are comparable.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
ivan p, General Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear Bart K,

thank You very much for Your stay in our Hotel as well as for the nice words. Me and my team take all guests observations as priority in operational process. I'm really glad You recognized our effort in service quality. We try not only to fulfill our guest expetations, but to surprise them every time they come back to our house. I'm really glad You were able to enoy Your vacation and the service we provide.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Every year, me and the wife visit this hotel several times. We are very pleased with the kindness of the staff at the hotel. My job is to educate human resources in large companies, and I immediately turned attention to the good co-operation between staff. We particularly like the big and rich variety of food in the restaurant. The pool is suitable for families with children and the beach is very close to the hotel. The rooms are very neat and clean. Hotel spa is amazing (and the spa manager as well!)We strongly recommend that hotel especially for families with children because of the great entertainment offerings.

See You soon again in Club Funimation Borik,

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Vlatko K
ivan p, General Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear Vlatko K,

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

I didn't realize that this was a family resort until I opened my window and saw bunnies in a stage review but, hey, they have a bar a good rooms. I was on a week of sailing in this spectacular setting. This hotel is too notch and a good choice. The venue is surrounded by parkland and a few good restaurants, like the Niko. Or, eat here on the all inclusive plan.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Rider123
ivan p, General Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Dear Rider 123,

thank You very much for Your stay in our Hotel as well as for the nice words. Me and my team take all guests observations as priority in operational process. I'm really glad You recognized our effort in service quality. We try not only to fulfill our guest expetations, but to surprise them every time they come back to our house. I'm really glad You were able to enoy Your stay.

Hope to see You soon again in Club Funimation Borik, We will be more than glad to welcome You and Your family.

Ivan Polak

Also consider these accommodations in or near Zadar
Falkensteiner Family Hotel Diadora
#4 of 22 in Zadar
Hotel Donat
Hotel Donat
#18 of 22 in Zadar

Been to Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik? Share your experiences!