“Happy hotel”

Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Zadar
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Great holidays, we stayed for few days in hotel and really enjoyed it. Hotel offers all inclusive service and we had good service and food, I would say it is value for money. The rooms are cleaned even do the furniture is old and really needs renovation, the staff keeps the hotel in place...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Toni S
ivan p, Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Dear Toni S,

thank You very much for Your stay in our Hotel as well as for the nice words, me and my team take all guests observations as priority in operational process. I'm really glad You recognized our effort in service quality. We try not only to fulfill our guest expetations, but to surprise them every time they come back to our house. I'm really glad You were able to enoy Your vacation and the service we provide as well as we appreciate Your motivating words.

Hope to see You soon again in Club Funimation Borik, I will be more than glad to welcome You and Your family.

Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Superb hotel,fabulous rooms,excellent spa and pool,great kids activities.We will be back again.highly recommend this as a family hotel.the family rooms were stylish and contemporary.very spacious.lots to do.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank hopeandpeace
ivan p, Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear hopeandpeace,

Reviewed May 14, 2014

LOCATION: Zadar is in my humble opinion the most beautiful town on the Croatian part of the Adriatic coast. This hotel is located in the part of town called Borik (pine woods). It is easily accessible by car, but a bit far from the center of the town to walk. Although, if you're in for a long walk along the coast with one little marina after the other, you can reach the old town center from this location on foot too. This way you'll be able to see pretty houses and villas, and will probably enjoy the walk. The hotel is in a semi-enclosed area with a huge parking lot, but there is also a smaller parking lot just in front of the hotel, reserved for the customers who pay additionally or for the persons with physical disabilities. Taking everything into consideration, I would give this location five stars.
ARCHITECTURE: outside: screaming 80's in socialist former Yugoslavia. Nothing to be remembered by, even a bit ugly, but the surroundings are OK, so all in all, I would say: a neutral impression.
SURROUNDINGS and ACCESSORIES: a nice garden, outer pools with slides, one inner pool which is also accessible from the outside with heated water. There is a small playground for the kids. Outside of the hotel area is a sandy beach with gravel beaches just a few steps away. The beaches are not a part of the hotel, they are public, like everywhere else in Croatia. Inside there is a playroom for the kids with a lady who keeps an eye on them (during certain hours). Although the restrooms for the kids could be cleaner and more often maintained - the smell of urine is always present. There are hotel shops along the main corridor but they are expensive, like in all hotels.
RECEPTION: modern, with pleasant staff, but it takes them a little time to get out of their back-rooms and actually come and talk to you. They are all polite and nice. Check-in is fairly quick if you have a reservation. We at first got a room with a bad view, but upon our complaint we were immediately moved to a room with a much better view: a view of the beach.
ROOMS: modern at the time of their initial set-up, but that was probably 8-11 years ago. Now they still look OK, but are in need of a renovation. Spacious (we had a family room), with an addendum for the kids with bunk-beds, and semi-transparent sliding doors between the room segments. Bathroom is spacious too, but with the sliding door, and without the option of locking, which always annoys me. This I consider to be a serious flaw. Bathroom is clean, you get enough towels and two bathrobes. The sink is modern, but in combination with a not enough tall faucet, you end up rubbing the sink each time you wash your hands. They should install a different faucet for this sort of sink. Also the pipes beneath the sink are clearly visible, and they should find a way to conceal them. The balcony is large and the flooring on it is wooden, nice to stand on it bare-footed and not be in a risk of slipping, like when on ceramic tiles.
RESTAURANT: very good, a wide variety of fresh and tasty food to chose from at each meal, with a garden in which it is very nice to eat as well. The birds are chirping all day long – a perfect atmosphere. The staff are ready to assist at any time and are always smiling. The cooks are happy to prepare meals for the little kids / babies.
CLEANLINESS: very good, we were satisfied.
STAFF: unusually friendly, polite and always smiling, not a very common picture with the staff on Croatian coast. They are probably kept in line by the Austrian owners. Everyone deserves an excellent rating.
CONCLUSION: a very good hotel with unusually friendly and nice staff for Croatian standards, and a very good service. I would recommend it by all means, but try to get a good deal or discount, they sometimes have these options available. Call and talk to them directly when booking, do not use your travel agent, nor booking.com, that way you can miss the discounts.

Room Tip: try to get the one with a view of the sea
6  Thank Jasko C

Dear Drecus

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Super hotel near the blue flag beach. We were pleased outdoor heated pool. Excellent food, clean and nice staff. Indoor and outdoor playground for children. Ideal for holidays with children. Surely we will return.

3  Thank Marek914
ivan p, Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Marek914,

thank You very much for Your stay in our Hotel as well as for the nice words. Me and my team take all guests observations as priority in operational process. I'm really glad You recognized our effort in service quality. We try not only to fulfill our guest expetations, but to surprise them every time they come back to our house. I'm really glad You and Your family were able to enoy nice vacation and the service we provide.

Hope to see You soon again in Club Funimation Borik, I will be more than glad to welcome You personnaly.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Still on 9 days 1st May vacation in this hotel.We have taken Panoramma suite.We got it for bargain.
We were noticed as their special guests this time especially , so we have received some value added compliments from hotel-daily gifts such as compliments from the kitchen, lots of fresh fruit, special shampoos etc...We had some problems with cleaning lady last year and politness of some kitchen staff.I can say that this time it's been almost 180 degrees different.We have perfect cleaning and it looks that the kitchen chef has taken staff in his hands and has improved it a lot.
Variety of food for 4* hotel is very wide, lots of 5* hotels I have been had less.
Staff is improving through years, we like improved daily snack bar, opend till 10 in the evening.
It 's good for guests, that Falkensteiner hotels compete between each other!:)

Certainly we will come back, that value added compliments have made the difference.

Room Tip: luxury or panoramma suite
2  Thank Ales A
ivan p, Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Dear Ales A,

thank You very much for Your stay in our Hotel as well as for the nice words. Me and my team take all guests observations as priority in operational process. I'm really glad You recognized our effort in service quality. We try not only to fulfill our guest expetations, but to surprise them every time they come back to our house. I'm really glad You and Your family were able to enoy nice vacation and the service we provide as well as You noticed positive changes and improvements in our system.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

The hotel satisfies all requirements, surprising extra services. For example all-day programs for children, separate children's menu, etc. The Falky-Land wonderful, interesting and imaginative. Excellent providing, amusement. The environment is an oasis in the " desert " . The hotel is directly on the shallow beach. The beach is sandy. There are small and large supermarkets nearby. In the park of which care was taken beautifully 2 playgrounds can be found. Staff is friendliness, helpful. The room's cleanliness are excellent. There are two bars, 1 huge restaurant. The food choice is abundant (buffet lunch), the foods are tasty. They are very near to the hungarian taste. The waiters are fast. There ar The rooms are spacious with a lovely view. It would be a bidet in the bathroom. There are health care in the hotel. There are kids club, mini disco, Free WiFi throughout the area.

Room Tip: rooms will be pool view
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank globussavaria
ivan p, Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Globussavaria,

thank You very much for Your stay in our Hotel as well as for the nice words, me and my team take all guests observations as priority in operational process. I'm really glad You recognized our effort in service quality. We try not only to fulfill our guest expetations, but to surprise them every time they come back to our house. I'm really glad You and Your family were able to enoy nice vacation and the service we provide.

Hope to see You soon again in Club Funimation Borik, I will be more than glad to welcome You.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

The biggest advantage of this hotel is it's friendly dedicated, professional and yet unobrustive personnel, from the point of entrance to the hotel, restaurant, bar, room service.....

The hotel is at great location, about 4km from city center. That is far enough from busy city life and near enough if one wishes to have fun and enjoy dalmatian city life. In addition, the food in the hotel is excellent and my compliments to the chef(s)

Nevertheless, the hotel needs refurbishment od used up parts. For example, the rooms have suffered mosty and seem "worn out" from, I guess, many tourists visiting Zadar. It is not complete refurbishment that is needed but bits and peaces that are worn out.

I would advise to put more of the "dalmato-mediteranian" charm in the design of the hotel and not "afro-alpine" that it has now. I would advise to hotel designers to visit Radisson Blue hotel in Split, that successfuly made modern design with nice dalmatian and sea elements (lavender, sea horses wallpaper etc.).

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Lidach
ivan p, Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Dear Lidach,

thank You very much for Your stay in our Hotel as well as for the nice words, me and my team take all guests observations as priority in operational process. I'm really glad You recognized our effort in service quality. We try not only to fulfill our guest expetations, but to surprise them every time they come back to our house. I'm really glad You were able to enoy Your family vacation and the service we provide as well as we appreciate Your motivating words regarding professionalism of our staff. Your ideas concerning decoration will deffinetly be taken into account during our next planning.

Ivan Polak

Also consider these accommodations in or near Zadar
Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa Iadera
#4 of 22 in Zadar
Hotel Donat
Hotel Donat
#17 of 22 in Zadar

Been to Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik? Share your experiences!