Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik
Hotel Niko(Zadar)
bedfinder
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsanimation teaminclusive barfamily suiteall inclusive packageall inclusive hotelkids clubspa managerwelcome homeindoor poolgreat offerfamilies with childrenfamily holidaysmall trainsand beachfantastic holidaypool staffbunk beds
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Yes, stuff is very friendly, food is nice, pools are good... But! I came with 2 kids 2 and 7 years old. In the evenings animation for adults was till 11 p.m. Our room located facing to the pool. It was awefull to listen some karaoke sung by drank people till late. The equipment room is not enough. Pillows are huge! And very bad for sleeping. Finally we slept on blankets. House keeping stuff were not polite- some of that ladies interfered at 8.00 with noise when we were sleeping.
If you decide to visit this hotel ask for quiet room.

• Stayed: August 2013
ivan p, Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear Mrs Elen,

thank You very much for Your stay in our Hotel as well as for the nice words regarding food, personal, pool... Me and my team take all guests observations as priority in operational process. I'm really glad You recognized our effort in service quality. We try not only to fulfill our guest expetations, but to surprise them every time they come back to our house.

I must admitt that I'm really sorry You did not enoyed our Animation part and we will deffinetly take Your opinion into account for the next year planing.
Club Funimation Borik is a club concept in a full meaning of that word. The name Funimation comes from combination of the words Fun + Animation and according to that we provide the service to our guests. It is important to highlight that the whole Animation program is a product of our guests whishes and needs during their vacations. In one word, all our guests participate in program making. According to last year questionnaires ( which were sent via E-mail to our guests ), 96% of our guest have shown interest of having Kraoke show in our hotel. From the beginning of the season we had a very good feedback. I feel sorry because You did not like the concept and for sure we are going to discuss the possible improvement

As far as Housekeeping ladies issue concern, I have to appologize if they interupted Your peace. They really do their best to satisfy all guests whishes concerning cleanliness, but obviously some rules have been forgoten.

I hope this moments wan't influence Your decision about visiting Club Funimation again and I will be glad to welcome You personnaly and do my best with one goal: Spending a wonderfull time in our House! Welcome Home!

Best regards!

Ivan Polak
Resident Manager

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We were really satisfied with the hotel. Everything was nice, clear , modern accommodation, super food, hotel and the staff are friendly to children.
We had a family suit with the balcony , very nice.
We felt really " at home".

Room Tip: room with the view to the hotel garden is quiet
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
ivan p, Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear Dana,

thank You very much for Your stay in our Hotel as wellas for the nice words, me and my team take all guests observations as priority in operational process. I'm really glad You recognized our effort in service quality. We try not only to fulfill our guest expetations, but to surprise them every time they come back to our house.

Hope to see You soon again in Club Funimation Borik. I will be more than glad to welcome You.

Welcome Home!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the hotel and advise to our friend to visit it with children.

Accommodation. Rooms are well-equipped, modern and clean. Be careful, there are rooms without balcony(!) in most category. All "sea-view" and "side-sea-view" rooms are with balcony.

Staff. Very friendly, polite. Easily speaks English and German. Russian is understandable. Honest and hard-working. We left tips at a table in our room, it wasn't taken.
I really liked to watch how staff reacts to children: with pleasure, no one sign of annoying.

Food. Excellent. Tasty, diverse. We're served with sucking pig, lamb, turkey, chicken, hake, sardine, mussel, shrimp and even lobster, etc. A lot of fruits. Ice-cream was served at lunch, fresh juice, nuts – at breakfast. Vegetables could be more diverse but good anyway.
Fruits are served at the bar and reception during a day.

Entertainment. Good. Very lively and funny animators. A lot of different activities for kids, they even participated in some performance. Two times per week a band played well-known pop-music.
Animation is stopped at 11 p.m.

Beach. No private beach, only public. Residents come at week-ends, sometimes could be noisy. There is sandy-beach close to pool. It is good for kids: not deep and warm. 70m left-hand from it there is shingle-beach for adults with absolutely clean water and wonderful pines which gives amazing smell and good shade all day long. For any of it you'll need slippers, it could be bought at the hotel for about 7 euros.

WELCOME HOME!

Room Tip: Be careful, there are rooms without balcony(!) and really bad view. All "sea-view" and "side-sea-view" rooms are with balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
ivan p, Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear Anna,

thank You very much for Your nice words, me and my team take all guests observations as priority in operational process. I'm realy glad You recognized our effort in servise quality. We try not only to fulfill our guest expetations, but to surprise them every time they come back to our house. The people are the one who make difrence quality wise... Hope to see You soon again in Club Funimation Borik.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Very good with childeren! A lot off fun for the childeren, a lot off animation.. Good food. Zadar is an nice city. Very good weather. Good cocktails :-) and entertainment in the evening is also good. Welcome Home!

Room Tip: Family suite
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ivan p, Manager at Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Jan,

thank You very much for Your nice words, me and my team take all guests observations as priority in operational process. I'm realy glad You recognized our effort in servise quality. We try not only to fulfill our guest expetations, but to surprise them every time they come back to our house. Hope to see You soon again in Club Funimation Borik to have a nice cocktail together... :)

Reviewed July 31, 2013

i have just returned fom a stay in the hotel with my sister, and nephew, there are many things I could say about the hotel, however they have all be said by others. I want to pay a special compliment to two of there younger staff members, as there is often not enough praise for the early 20's in age now.
They ahve a fantastic young gentleman called darko, who is part of their entertainment team, he is a credit to himself and the hotel, a fantastic motivator, always happy with a smile on his face, his people management skills are fantastic, encouraging everyone to take part, I was in fact very surprised when i discovered that he was not the actual entertainment manager, which I think is a mistake on the Falkensteiner's behalf, he made an effort with everyone and his ability to speak several languages was very welcome by everyone. In my opinion the hotel group would be silly to let him go and should retain him as he is an assett. the other young gentleman was I guess a trainee in the restaurant, his name was Claudio! plesant, always smiling and made the best omelette.(Even smiling when a senior staff member was giving him a hard time in front of guests was not great to listen too! so prehaps this is a little constructive critisim)_ not in front of guests !!! I hope these two young men have a future in this industry as they are great ambassadors for the hotel group. Spa was amazing and can recommend the treatments at a fantastic price. over all we really had a great time and indeed would return again WELL DONE IVAN AND YOUR TEAM AND KEEP IT UP.

Room Tip: sea view rooms, a must.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family