“good place but all inclusive....”

Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Zadar
Reviewed September 26, 2011

the place is amazing, nice pool, nice beach, super walkside but the all inclusive is not the truth.
basically it's a full penzion with breakfast - lunch - dinner included.
you don't have access to the food everytime you have to be between certains hours and be careful because some guests "jump" on the buffet of desert for example and nothing is coming after.
you don't have the choice for the bar, only 1 bar available, the other one is not included in the full penzion.
if you want to use the bathrobe then you will be charge
internet is not free - 15€ for 3 days!!!

1 morning I get wake up @ 7h am by the garden team which were cutting trees!!!
when I spoke to the reception the answer was "it's good because the breakfast is starting @ 7:30 so you don't miss it"

the rooms are big and spacious and very clean.

Room Tip: ask for sea view
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Greg L

Reviewed September 26, 2011

The hotel is located in Borik, close to Zadar. The town is not very easy to reach by foot, so he best thing to do is take bus 5/8 in front of the hotel. There is also a tourist train for 10 kuna/pers. The hotel is a nice family resort with a large pool, a slide and a beach in front of the hotel. It was a little bit to calm for me, because the animation team was already gone. The hotel is good for familys/ older people, but not for young people because there is nothing in the area to do. The hotel is very nice and clean! The staff was so friendly! The food was good, a lot of choices. The all-In was not really all in, it finished at 22H.
My room was on the 3th floor, not with swimmingpool view. The room was big, with a nice bathroom. First i had a problem with the balconydoor, because you need to pull to both sides of the window. The airco was good. The only negative was the internet, It was not free.
The welness was really nice! Its a good hotel, but a little bit boring.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We had a fun few days here. Good food, nice rooms (our room was at Hotel Adriana). Great pool and beach. Prices are too high for what you get.

Room Tip: Try to stay at Hotel Adriana. The hotel is nicer, and you have access to Funimation Borik as well.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Music is loud around the pool all day long, evening shows start too late for a family with small children and are again extremely loud - so those having panorama room, can not sleep until 23:00 -, water in the drinking machines smells and tastes mouldy and the beverages contain too much sugar. Beach outside the hotel is dirty. But apart from this all, we really felt good. The hotel is nice and clean, the staff is very kind, food and pool are ok, you can buy water at the corner and fortunately you'll find other beaches nearby. In Croatia, this is a good hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank abrakadabra845
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We were two families meeting up in Zadar with five kids between us (ages 8 to 15). I expected I'd hate the place but grin and bear it. I came away very impressed.

First - this is a family resort. If you have low tolerance for the sounds of kids and generally high decibal levels around poolside etc, you probably won't come here or like the place.
If these things don't bother you (no noise noticed in the rooms by the way - just restaurant and pool areas), you will have a great time here.

Rooms - a little spartan and dorm like, but quite functional. Queen size bed = two twins pushed together. We had a sea view room where the sea view was behind the hotel (looking out towards Zadar with the sea about 3/4 mile away in that direction). Our friends had a family room in the building adjacent to ours (we had two rooms side by side). Air conditioning was a bit anemic which was a bit of a problem as it was very hot during our stay. It worked, but I would have preferred a little better. Water - you can drink it here (and indeed, all over Croatia in my experience - drank it for two weeks with NO issues whatsoever).

Pools - a waterslide and two large pools. Despite the crowds, they were able to keep the water crystal clear - no mean feat, I can tell you. There was a splash pad area for toddlers off to one side. Kids would have stayed in there all day every day if we'd let them!

Restaurant - this is an all inclusive resort. I expected what I have come to expect of such places which is to say not much. Wrong. There was a dazzling array of choice available and I never had anything that I would not have been happy to have ordered from a menu and had a la carte. Breakfast lunch and dinner were all of the best quality. They had a very acceptable domestic house wine and beer on tap along with mineral water, various sodas etc. The kids were thrilled and, surprisingly, the parents were also quite happy with it as well. This was excellent value for money.
Sea - the resort is built on the water just outside Zadar. There is a somewhat sandy public beach right in front of the resort as well as a jetty going out into deeper water with stairs allowing easy access in and out of the water. The sea is refreshing, quite clean and beautiful there.
Spa - there is a spa with the usual massages, etc available at quite reasonable prices. The sauna, steam room and cooling baths etc are open for all. Warning - etiquette signs direct that no bathing suits permitted inside sauna area. This is Europe - nobody is particuarly fussed by it but more timid N. Americans will be taken aback I'm sure. It is a very nice faciltiy - spacious relaxation areas, large sauna with heat cranked up as it should be. This is a first class spa facility in every respect.
We did a BIT of sight seeing while there (Zadar a ten minute cab ride away - well worth the visit), but I`m embarrassed to say we spent most of the time just lazing around the resort. They have a tour desk and we did book a one day cruise to the Koronati Islands (8:30 am to 5pm with a 2 hr break in the middle for swimming - bring water shoes or flip flops!)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank torontodunphy
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I had been searching for a family hotel in Croatia for a long time and had chosen Falkensteiner Funimation Borik --- which I do believe after our 8 days spent there the best choice I could have made! Hospitable personnel, delicious food, marvellous place, charming animators, nice water slide, romantic barbeque party with candles and live music, superb Kruskovac with milk and ice, large play room and cinema for kids! All you can search for when planning vacations with kids - you will find in Falkensteainer Funimation Borik. I definetely recommendit for familiy vacations! We DO want to come back! Many kisses!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Tettee
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We had planed a big travel throu Croatie, but the first day in Croatia our car brook down. In the middle of the night we arrived by accident in the Falkensteiner hotel. After a long day of troubles with the car, insurrance etc...we had a friendly receptionist who really helped me and my family (parents, baby and son of eleven). We got a wonderfull room, clean, great beds, desigend relaxing, very childfriendly.....The following days we had to stay in Zadar because of the car, it was a very busy season in the hotel, but they helped us day after day and I most say that we and the children had great fun and a very relaxing time in the hotel. We would not easliy chose a all-inclusive hotel, but here we felt quit, there was good and healthy food, not to many people around and a very friendly atmosfere. My son really enjoyed the great and very motivated animationteam and my baby girl enjoyed swimming and having naps in the nice room where we never heart neighbours...I had a wonderfull massage and my husband went to the fitness ...not to forget the wonderfull sunset you can see there every day.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MariaAntwerp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zadar
Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa Iadera
Zaton Holiday Resort
Hotel Niko
Hotel Niko
#4 of 22 in Zadar

Been to Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik? Share your experiences!