“Nice restaurant”

2Ribara Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 197 Restaurants in Zadar
Cuisines: Italian, Croatian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Although keeping its well-known tradition for more than 50 years, „2 Ribara“ restaurant is a modern and refined place to dine. It is situated in the very center of the old city of Zadar, the essence of the town's peninsula. The restaurant offers a variety of carefully prepared dishes, including fresh fish or tasty meat meals, fine pasta courses or various pizzas baked in a traditional wood-fired oven. All menus will surely be complemented by a wide range of carefully selected local wines from Zadar area. We also organize events for larger parties, such as wedding banquets, diverse receptions and other festivities of such kind. Our seating capacity can be extended for such purposes so that our hall can accomodate up to 100, while the terrace holds 70 people. It's excellence is praised by the Mayor of Zadar who presented „2 Ribara“ with an award „Nasmijeseno sunce“ for the best restaurant in the tourist season 2011. More global, we earned the Trip Advisor's „Certificate of Excellence“ for consistently earning great reviews from travelers. Not to stop at that, our restaurant is still constantly among Top 10 restaurants in Zadar. Our perfect location and impeccable lasting reputation along with amazing food and domestic beverages will definitely allure you to come and visit us as soon as possible.
Zagreb, Croatia
“Nice restaurant”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

In summer, a pleasant terrace on one of the main streets in Old town and the off season is nice to sit in a decently decorated restaurant. The food is consistently very good and the staff very professional. Prices correct.

• Visited October 2013

• Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice and safe - great meat, not so great vegetables....”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I read a number of reviews of 2Ribara in Zadar before having an evening meal there.

I guess I was a bit disappointed because I was looking for a "Croatian" experience.

My initial plan was to go for seafood but the meat options looked better. I ordered the mixed grill to share with my wife. The meats were all excellent - very tender and cooked to perfection. The vegetables were, in my opinion, overcooked and mushy. I am not sure if it is the local style to cook vegetables until they are mushy but I was disappointed by them.

Finally, the restaurant itself is very modern and stylish - which is nice for a business lunch in London/New York but isn't what I was looking for in Zadar.

In summary: great meat, poor vegetables and very modern environment.

• Visited October 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We went there twice when we stayed in Zadar for only 3 days. We love the food there, especially the fish dish. On the second time when we went, the waiter served us Maraska (Cherry Brandy) after knowing that it was our last night in Zadar. We had a wonderful meal that night. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone who is going to Zadar :)

Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Pleasant location, better than average food”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

2Ribara is set in a nice quiet backstreet in the Old Town. The food, service and atmosphere are all pleasant without being outstanding. They do a hearty, tasty octopus salad and the flavours for the Dalmatian beef were good though the accompanying gnocchi were nothing special. The prices are average and I would consider coming again, though with so many other restaurants to choose from I doubt it will be this visit.

• Visited September 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Good tasty food at a good price”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We ate here twice during our few days in Zadar as we found the both the food and the service good quality. Both times we combined warm starters with pizza. The best of a good bunch were the octopus salad, the pasta with scampi and courgette and the house pizza that combined both tuna and local ham. Yummy with a pint of the local beer

• Visited September 2013