“Quality only saw afterwards the name (The Godfather)”
Review of Padrino

Padrino
Ranked #148 of 186 Restaurants in Zadar
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Mediterranean, European, Croatian, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Na predivnoj zadarskoj rivi smjestio se mali restoran Il Padrino koji otvara vrata svima koji su željni dobre i ukusne hrane te kvalitetnog i dobrog pića. Il padrino je za svoje goste pripremio razna riblja i mesna jela. Il padrino je savršeno mjesto za ispijanje jutarnje kave uz predivan pogled na more.
Bruges, Belgium
“Quality only saw afterwards the name (The Godfather)”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This place is GREAT ! We ordered a italian dish (lasagne) and a local dish (fish). The lasagne is a huge portion and very good. The fish is served completely with head and tasted fresh and I have to admit that I cannot do it better, 10/10 points for the chef ! It was "perfection" !! Fish is served with smashed potatoes and green lettuce kind of thing mixed in to it. Great combination ! The view when you sit outside is also splendid, you have the sea in front of you. Maybe not the cheapest but sure average price for this location ! Easy to find just walk from Greetings to the Sun along the beach direction Old Town and Tower. I love fish and if you also love fish, then you have to order something at this place ! Think it was about EUR 7 for the fish and EUR 5 for the lasagne. See pictures to get an idea. Respect for this place ! About serving times, we were ordered fast, I guess it depends on the number of guest, but it is made with love ! Don't know how the cook does it but this fish was a dream, both sides intact and perfectly grilled I bet if I try it , it will loose some skin. The skin was so good caramelisezd you could just eat it. Be carefull of the 'bones'. You can impress your lady because it has some 'romantic value' in the outdoor scenery and they probably accept reservations if you want to be 100% sure to have a spot (ask for a spot close to the sea- that is if the weather allows it !)

• Visited May 2013
Denis O, Guest Relations Manager at Padrino, responded to this review, 1 week ago

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Maribor, Slovenia
“Nice view and thats it.”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have been in Il Padrino twice, first to try eating in new restaurant in Zadar, second time when my guests invited me to dinner. Both times I ate meat, and i was little bit dissapointed it was very dry. My friends ate pasta with sauce made of nothing but cream. Really disappointing. Vegetables were litlle bit burned but portion was fair. Service and view is really nice, and I hope the food will get better, I hope it was just some bad timing for me, cause place looks really nice. For now I will eat around until I hear some better news

• Visited May 2013
“great setting but overcooked calamari”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Most of the restaurants offer similar menus along the park/promenade; the outdoor setting available at Padrino was what made me choose them over other establishments.

While I was initially seated promptly – I did have a wait to be served, though to be fair it was a busy night.

I ordered the fried calamari – something I had been craving since arriving in Croatia – however half of my serving was overcooked (not sure why only half) and disappointingly I couldn’t eat it.

I’m not sure if it’s a result of them being busy or just a schoolboy error on the chefs part – but it was a disappointing way to end my time in Zadar.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Travelling_Bilbury
UK
“Lovely food with great outside terrace”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We ate lunch then dinner here because we loved the location - sat outside on a terrace overlooking the sea. The bruschetta for lunch was beautiful, then we had lovely pizza in the evening. The service was good.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank blt100
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“A Wonderful Find”
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were walking to find a restaurant with light-ish type meals as opposed to others in the vicinity. We stumbled across Il Padrino which is located on the waterfront in a park. Having looked at the menu we abandoned our notion of a light meal. My husband chose the black risotto with cuttlefish while I had the chicken and pine nut with four cheese sauce. We shared a tomato salad lightly tossed in olive oil. Both meals were truly delicious with tastes that stay with you. We opted not to have desert as to do do would be to ruin the lingering taste. The service was a little slow from the waiter who was serving all outside tables alone but the meals arrived in good time. The waiter was pleasant and helpful, recommendng a wine and also checking with the kitchen about the oil the cuttlefish was cooked in due to a severe shrimp and prawn allergy my husband has. The best thing was the very reasonable price at the end. Try this restaurant. It is one of the best we have tried for a long time.

5 Thank Halcyontwo