“Drunk times at the Monkey”

and 1 more site!
The Drunken Monkey Hostel
Ranked #4 of 314 Specialty Lodging in Zadar
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was travelling through Croatia, stopped in to Zadar, ended up staying at the monkey for 4 nights.
The drunken monkey is a must stay if u r in Zadar, Chris & Kyle (the owners) have done a amazing job transforming this traditional Zadar house into a cool Hostel. the staff r so friendly & helpful. the terrace, pool area & BBQ make this hostel stand out it was so good to come back at the end of the day to sit around the pool & swap stories with other travellers.
I am a avid travler & have stayed in over 100 hostels & The Drunken Monkey, is defiantly up there, It is a hostel for travellers owned & run by travellers.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for The Drunken Monkey Hostel

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I didn't actually stay overnight at this hostel ... but even though I wasn't registered as a guest, the staff at the Drunken Monkey were more than willing to help me navigate Zadar. They personally escorted me to my hostel in the city center, even paid for my cab ride and offered additional travel tips for my time in Zadar. I was thoroughly impressed! Would recommend this hostel to anyone passing through Zadar. You're in for a treat!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Chasing the last glimpses of the sun we arrived for a short two night break mid-October in Zadar,Croatia with cheap tickets through RyanAir. Although we didn’t travel in the peak season, both the weather and the hostel didn’t disappoint.
We stayed in a double private room with a shared bathroom East side of the hostel next to the road. No Traffic noise, clean bathrooms, clean sheets and you could hire towels. The beach was a 5-10 min walk away. The hostel is on a quiet street, a couple of meters down from the Church and a small shop. The bar is pretty cool, most of the hostel guests end up there and then head into town. The pool and bbq looked good but because it was end of season we didn’t get to try it.
Getting to hostel costs about 130 Kunas, we had asked the taxi driver to use the meter but definitely negotiate before you enter the cab. On the way back from the hostel to the airport it cost a 100 Kunas, Thanks Kyle! (hostel owner). His recommends one of the cheapest cab companies in Zadar
All the Hostel managers are amazing, this review will certainly not do them justice. Their knowledge of Zadar is second to none. They know where the best parts of Zadar are and how to get there. If you’re lucky enough, you even get to party with Eva! and other Hostel guests at Maraschino.
Worth checking out is the Sea Organs, Maraschino (after 1pm), Hitch bar and Old Town bar scene (before heading to Maraschino).
I highly recommend Drunken Monkey Hostel for Zadar, it represents excellent value and I will definitely be returning to check out the bbq and pool. Peak season this time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was here with 3 friends for 7 days, and the crew at the drunken monkey were amazing! extremely helpful, fun and cool to hang out with. The hostel itself is also great. The showers and bathroom are top notch, the bunks are great, there is even a projector for watching movies if the weather isn't great. If coming to zadar or the area, definetly stay here!

Room Tip: try and get the banksy
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed at the Drunken Monkey in September with a group of 4 (girls, age 21) and it was awesome. The staff are all stars! really lovely, helpful and great fun which makes a really nice atmosphere. Everyone we met there was great, it attracts lots of travelers from all over and the bar crawls organised by the hostel were fantastic - a great chance to get to know everyone. It was full the whole time we were there so you'll be sure to meet lots of people. The Hostel itself is lovely - really clean, nice rooms (all with different themes) and the pool area is a great bonus. Good location, easy walking distance to beaches/sea front and the town centre, bars, restaurants, shops, the port etc. We went back twice for bar crawls and to visit in the week after we had moved onto an apartment with more friends - they welcomed 14 of us back which was over and above what was expected! They understand and provide just what you want out of a travelling/hostel experience, it certainly lives up to its great reputation. Stay there, you won't want to leave! Thanks for an awesome stay everyone at the Drunken Monkey Hostel!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Amazing hostel! I love it! How can you not love the hostel with a pool, fun atmosphere and hammock? It is on very good location, everything is clean and garden is the best thing about this hostel!

Staff members are very cool people and will point good things to see. Zadar was nice town to visit and i can highly recommend this hostel to everybody who are going to Zadar! Don't miss the beautiful sunset on promenade!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I cant say enough about this hostel. I came planning on only staying a few days and ended up staying a week. The staff was incredible, catering to all of my needs and keeping me busy with the many things to do in and out of this beautiful city. They were all very friendly, enthusiastic, fun, and made me feel like the quality of my stay was extremely important to them. I felt right at home. I didn't want to leave! The facilities were top notch. Clean beautiful bathrooms, spacious rooms, an amazing bar in the basement, sun terrace, BBQ, and not to mention the pool in the back yard! They even have a projector and big screen to watch movies on rainy days. Brilliant. I wish other hostels would take a page out of these guys book as they really know what backpackers want. I would recommend this place without hesitation. As they advertise, they are not in the old city, but a beautiful 15 minute walk along the waterfront to town is nothing, and besides, they wouldn't have been able to offer all the great common space for us if they were. Great job guys, I cant wait to come back......

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo