“Cute and tasty place”

Konoba Tu Mi Je Lipo
Ranked #152 of 203 Restaurants in Zadar
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Late Night
Description: It's in the old part of Zadar, a bit hidden from the main street.
Oakland, California
“Cute and tasty place”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Came here with some friends. It was the first restaurant we tried in Zadar, and I loved it. We were actually looking for "Krigil", because the owner of the apartment we were staying at, recommended it, but that turned out to be just a brewery. So we went to this place, which was hidden away a bit down an alley away from the busier areas. There weren't that many people, except a couple, sharing the meat platter, which smelled amazing. The waitress came out, and she was very cute and kind. Me and my friends live in Bulgaria, and had learned that Croatians have different types of rakia aka Balkan Brandy. The waitress helped us pick out Tvaridica, which is a herbal rakia, and it was tasty. Something probably good for a cold. I ordered a seafood pasta, that had shrimp, clams, and cuttlefish, and I really enjoyed it. The sauce was light, but still tasty, and also became a great dipping sauce for the bread that was on the table. My friends ordered salad and soups, which they liked as well. And some old 90s American music was playing in the background, which was very comforting. At the end of our meal, the waitress gave me and my friends a free round of plum rakia. I really can't complain about this place. Overall a great experience. I'm really glad that we found this place by chance.

Oh and I just learned that the restaurant's name translates to “I love it here!”, which was exactly how I was feeling. It was a perfect start to our trip to Zadar.

• Visited April 2012