“Just the Best! Have Reservations!”
Review of Pet Bunara

Pet Bunara
Ranked #5 of 257 Restaurants in Zadar
Cuisines: Deli, Mediterranean, Croatian, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The “Pet bunara dine & wine“” restaurant is located alongside the square bearing that same name. It has been the enriching and the refining element of the Zadar gastronomic scene for more than 35 years. Constantly changing and adapting throughout the years, driven by desire to be on the top of gastronomic scene by changing in its unique, seasonal, organic and innovative way of presenting Zadar’s gastronomic scene. The “Pet bunara” restaurant is guided by these words; delicious food, gorgeous wines, local-seasonal-organic, great staff & a sincere and enjoyable all-around experience. Our primary goal – complete satisfaction of our guests achieved through a well-rounded gastronomic experience. “A recipe has no soul... we brought up a soul to the recipe“. In other words; each year, we proudly presenting a “Fig Festival“ that was established back in 2007. The idea was/is putting a fig, along wine & olives… on the very important place in gastronomy… successfully. Cheers!
Reviewed August 22, 2016

If I could relive a recent meal, this would be it. We had reservations and lucky we did-- we saw countless people turned away. They have wine by the glass and bottle, and we went to town ordering. I can definitively recommend: The pasta starter, the smoked fish starter, the octopus and chickpeas, and the fig cake for dessert. Skip the Cherry/chocolate cake, it PALED in comparison to the fig cake. I am still dreaming about that pasta.

Our meal spanned 2.5 hours and they were lovely the entire time. Most attentive service we had in Croatia by far.

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (2,115)

Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

Delicious local specialties prepared by chef, homemade pasta and gnocchi. Also interesting and very tasty different kinds of homemade bread. Use local ingredients - truffles, vegetables, local figy- GASTRONOMIC EXPERIENCE!!!!!

1  Thank NoraWeber
Reviewed August 20, 2016

I wanted to try see food when visiting Zadar. I'm glad I've found Pet Bunara. I've ordered green salad with mussels and shrimps for starter. Then for a main course scampi! It was very delicious despite the high bill I received ;)

Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

Everything was super fine. Good place to have a lunch or dinner. We had soups and main courses and it was delicious. They have some kind of special bread that you must try.

Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

Food is extremely tasty,but portions are too small for such high price. I ate raviolli with schrimps and there were only 7 raviolli and few schrimps,so I left place hungry. This is one of those places where you need to order appetizer,main course and dessert in order to be full. They brought us bread with cranberries which costed 12 HRK. Staff is polite. Location is on traffic street.