“Overrated ”

Ranked #5 of 257 Restaurants in Zadar
Cuisines: Deli, Mediterranean, Croatian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The “Pet bunara dine & wine“” restaurant is located alongside the square bearing that same name. It has been the enriching and the refining element of the Zadar gastronomic scene for more than 35 years. Constantly changing and adapting throughout the years, driven by desire to be on the top of gastronomic scene by changing in its unique, seasonal, organic and innovative way of presenting Zadar’s gastronomic scene. The “Pet bunara” restaurant is guided by these words; delicious food, gorgeous wines, local-seasonal-organic, great staff & a sincere and enjoyable all-around experience. Our primary goal – complete satisfaction of our guests achieved through a well-rounded gastronomic experience. “A recipe has no soul... we brought up a soul to the recipe“. In other words; each year, we proudly presenting a “Fig Festival“ that was established back in 2007. The idea was/is putting a fig, along wine & olives… on the very important place in gastronomy… successfully. Cheers!
Reviewed July 17, 2016 via mobile

Some elements of the meal were great, like the smoked fish appetizer. Homemade pasta was served with ribbons of zucchini and small shrimps, but sauce tasted like meat. Not light or fresh tasting at all. Tuna ordered medium rare was served over cooked and duck ordered medium came almost rare and was served with some pasta in herbed bread crumbs which ended up with a wet texture and heavy tasting. For the price I just expected more.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (2,115)

Reviewed July 17, 2016 via mobile

I had a day off and I decided to visit the Sea Organ and Greeting to the Sun, because so far I've never had time. By chance we found this restaurant and Bingo. Very fast service. Prices are low compared to Split and Trogir. Simply furnished. Just right for me. Keep it up.

2  Thank srfa2000
Reviewed July 17, 2016 via mobile

Located near the 5 wells and the captains tower.
Really good terrace with a lot of parasol.
Charming interior dining area.

Staffs are attentive, smiley, welcoming and informative. They speak Croatian, English and a lady with little French.

Food are good for the price range. Variety are a bit limited but good. Drink list are variable and made well done. Amazing chocolate cake dessert!!!

I do have an issue when I dine here. I found a tin foil inside their home made gnocchi. The waiter didnt change my plate but give up 30kunas discount. He did apologize.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed July 15, 2016 via mobile

Once inside we immediately got positive by the nice staff and cosy atmosphere, it was full of people. The food was good. Wine even better. Nice to visit a place with some ambition. A must to visit in Zadar. We will go back.

Reviewed July 14, 2016 via mobile

Food was impeccable!! I had sea bass with scampi. I will dream about this meal. We had vegetarians in our group and they had delicious options to accommodate them. We ate somewhere else this evening. I wish we would have just gone to Pet Bunara again.