“Delicious autochthonous food”

Ranked #5 of 257 Restaurants in Zadar
Cuisines: Deli, Mediterranean, Croatian, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The “Pet bunara dine & wine“” restaurant is located alongside the square bearing that same name. It has been the enriching and the refining element of the Zadar gastronomic scene for more than 35 years. Constantly changing and adapting throughout the years, driven by desire to be on the top of gastronomic scene by changing in its unique, seasonal, organic and innovative way of presenting Zadar’s gastronomic scene. The “Pet bunara” restaurant is guided by these words; delicious food, gorgeous wines, local-seasonal-organic, great staff & a sincere and enjoyable all-around experience. Our primary goal – complete satisfaction of our guests achieved through a well-rounded gastronomic experience. “A recipe has no soul... we brought up a soul to the recipe“. In other words; each year, we proudly presenting a “Fig Festival“ that was established back in 2007. The idea was/is putting a fig, along wine & olives… on the very important place in gastronomy… successfully. Cheers!
Reviewed July 7, 2016

I love the fact they have special part in menu where you can choose some authentic Croatian food. I had sepia with broad bean and it was delicious. Minus is that they are not serving lunch before noon, but I am definitely coming back.

Date of visit: October 2015
Write a reviewReviews (2,115)

Reviewed July 5, 2016 via mobile

We went here because tripadvisor but we are disappointed.
Neither me or my wife did enjoy the food, we choosed from the "Dalmatic" menu.
I wouldn't go back here, it's not genuine Croatian.

Date of visit: July 2016
7  Thank fredriky2014
Vladimir B, Owner at Pet Bunara, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2016

Dear Fredrik Y.,
would you be so kind and explain me what is a genuine Croatian menu?
Have you actually been in my restaurant?

Reviewed July 5, 2016

I came here for lunch with 2 other friends. We had the tuna steak, truffle pasta and chickpeas & octopus stew. All of the dishes were really nice. The bread especially was amazing!

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed July 5, 2016

We had a nice dinner. The place is very nice, great location. Food was good but the service is litlle slow.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed July 5, 2016 via mobile

Some of the best seafood I have had on our journey through Europe. The recommendations for their cuisine were spot on. I never look at Trip Advisor for recommendations, I look at the ambiance and food being delivered to the table. This place had everything I was looking for. The wait staff was incredibly friendly. We spent 3 days here and my wife wanted to eat here every day. Choose any one of the traditional dishes and you will never go wrong!

Date of visit: July 2016