“A perfect day in fantastic nature”
Review of Zrmanja

Ranked #19 of 85 things to do in Zadar
Zadar, Croatia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A perfect day in fantastic nature”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

For the first time in my life I went canoeing and I was really excited. The Zrmanja River in the Dalmatian hinterland doesn't run that much water, so it's no wild water rafting. But it runs through a fantastic nature - rocky and lush with the smell of different herbs in the air, the water being crystal clear and fresh. Wow, I couldn't believe my eyes, it is so beautiful!!! The canoe trip was led by Frane, owner of the Flash Tours agency from Novigrad, who is a total outdoorsman and knows the river very well. We had canoes for two persons and had to paddle ourselves, but that wasn't hard and a lot of fun. We made stops many times to go for a swim or jump off the waterfalls. After the tour, Frane prepared a grill picnic at his camp by the river, yummy! It was an awesome trip, I'd recommend it to anyone always!

Visited June 2011