“Upmarket dining, a good 'special' meal out”
Review of Fosa

Fosa
Ranked #39 of 217 Restaurants in Zadar
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We had two of the set menus at Fosa, one was 4 courses and one was 6! The food was of good quality and though I'm not normally enthusiastic about seafood this has changed my opinion. The service of the courses was well-paced. At the end of the night we were keen to get back to our hotel to catch a sports fixture and the staff were a bit slow getting our bill. Also, the location is picturesque if you are facing the right way - the other way gives a view of a industrial unit where, on this particular night, someone was using a bench saw ALL night (on a Sunday, I kid you not) which was a bit of a shame. But it was great food.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Great service and food. You mainly pay for look of the place and where it's situated than for chefs work but fair enough. We had some good food there; Fish soup was great, octopus salad very rich but tasty, tuna tatar very good and lovely shrimp risotto. Worth to visit if you don't mind spending 400+ kuna

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We had the most wonderful seafood of our lives at Foša restaurant in Zadar. It was beyond our expectations. First there were the complimentary olive oils and bruschetta to tease our taste buds. My partner ordered gratinated fish and I chose two entrees, fish soup which was a taste explosion and the Roman gnocchi with škampi in a creamy truffle sauce - unbelievable! The fillet of fish was served with potatoes cooked with saffron strands I think, and I have never tasted fish like it.
The service was impeccable, the terrace juts out over the water, everything was perfect. We had wine and beer with our meal and we thought the bill was very reasonable considering the quality of the fare. I would make a special trip to Zadar just to have a repeat experience. ...

Reviewed June 5, 2014

went here on our last day in Zadar

nice food good veiw, the scampi risotto was to die for excellent. the clams were good but a bit pricey for what you get. the beef main was good but presentation was a bit child like. beef in middle of a circle of mash !

overall nice place and food

Reviewed May 29, 2014

The food is delicious, they have a great range on the menu and the service was very good. Make sure you get out on the terrace.

I recommend the Risotto with prawns and truffle. It's got a light and delicious taste, and just balances well.

I had the gratinated fish, which was sea bass, and had a light, cheese crust and was on a bed of potatoes.