See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

I had the opportunity to visit Zadar, and I wanted to make the most of it. Specifically, I wanted to be either in the center, close to it or on the water. The Hotel Villa Nico was a great choice.

I didn't know the city well, and Google Maps didn't help with regard to public transportation. In fact, there was no indicated way to get to where the hotel was located in this fashion. So, I took the old fashioned approach and walked. I was able to get a feel of how people live in this culture doing so. It seems that Zadar is still somewhat undiscovered as a vacation destination. There are none of the big chain hotels that have a presence here. Consequently, it was a very relaxed and local style visit.

As I walked to the hotel, I was passed by a municipal bus (#8) that seemed to be going in the direction of the hotel! I again checked Google, but still nothing!

When I arrived at the hotel, there was a bus stop within 10 meters! Sure enough, it is bus #8! The cost is 10 Croatian Kuna (HRK). They will gladly take and keep more, so give them coins or the exact amount. It's about 15 minutes to the center in this fashion, and they run every 30 minutes.

I was given a room on the 4th floor, too 401. It could sleep 3 easily. It was clean, the bed was comfortable. Even better, the view was amazing.

Breakfast had made to order eggs, cheeses, cereals, fruits and juices as well as coffee and teas. There was plenty of selection. I took my breakfast on a patio that overlooked the water; the restaurant was closed at the time of my stay. Everyone here was pleasant and more than helpful. I hope to be able to return, and stay here once again. Great job.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

I was traveling through Zadar and this place was perfect for me to accommodate. Room was extremely large and bed is very comfortable. Shower could be little bit improved but it's ok. Surroundings are excellent for morning jogging or daily swimming. Breakfast was delicious and stuff was very polite and friendly.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2017

Great location, relaxed atmosphere, some good food and cold beers.
I stayed two nights in one of the budget rooms which directly underneath the trace restaurant, which means you can't sleep before midnight and you will be awake by 7.30 am by chair pulling-pushing noises.Wifi did not work in the room either.
It has a strong shower and a good aircon, however, I would definitely stay one of the rooms upstairs next time.
Nice breakfast, strong coffee and omelette or scrambled egg made for your order.
Lovre was very helpful either in reception or in the restaurant and the boss cooked lovely omelettes.
Menu deals are good option as otherwise chips or a side salad all comes as extra.

It is great for walking and swimming or use as a base to travel around.

Room tip: ground rooms are noisy
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

To start I would like to say that the reason for the bad review is mainly because of the lack of value for your money. The location is next to the beach, and our stay wasn't terrible, but in Croatia we had 30 euro hotels which would be better or same. As we paid 130 euro for one night I couldn't believe at how bad it was. Here is what was wrong in no particular order,

1. The carpet in the room was coming loose.

2.The shower couldn't be fixed normally, you had to hold it or risk falling down multiple times.(hit my daughters head, when she turned the water off)

3. The water drain was clogged resulting in a lot of water in the bathroom.

4. The bed was bad, I think a few latters were missing.

4. There were ants in the closet

5. There was a power shortage (black-out) for about TEN times

6. Wifi was not available in our room

7. When I came down to ask about the wifi password for the second time. The girl told me we had to use guest wifi. We only had "hotel Nico" signal, but she told me it was not for us. I than told her that it is the only signal we got. The owner who overheard it, than very annoyed pulled my phone out of my hand and put the password in. When i came back to the room it still didn't work.

8. Dinner was bad, soup was watery and not a lot of taste, fish was dry and the sides were also disappointing, dessert was ok as it was just one scoop of ice.

9. Breakfast was disappointing. Tupperware boxes with cereals, bread that was left open and which got stale, cold sausages.(why put them in a bowl and not in the shaffing dish to keep warm, which was standing unused next to it.

10. When checking out not once the question how our stay was, but only the joke; "now you are poor and I'm rich"

The issues could be easily fixed, they have plenty staff walking around, and the owner/manager not doing any work besides check in/out. But no one cares and by the looks of it they choose to be mediocre!

And before management thinks to write it off, why I didn't comment when I was there. Think about what YOU could do to change it!

P.S. Not all bad though; the one waiter in the restaurant was friendly.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

We had dinner last week at the restaurant terrace. Amazing food, very good taste. Staff is very friendly and professional. Nice sea view! Quiet area, close to the bus station. I would definitely recommend this place!!!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Miha D