“Over cooked fish”

Kornat
Ranked #9 of 203 Restaurants in Zadar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: authentic dalmatian and mediteranian food,fresh fish, fine dining,romantic dinner, sunset view, homemade pasta, homemade bread, local awarded wines, local olive oil, local cheese, original dalmatian prosciutto, special occasions
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Over cooked fish”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The starters were excellent (fresh fish carpaccio) but the main fish to share was dry and almost inedible. They gave us free desserts to compensate but we would never go back there. They should know how to cook fish.

Visited September 2013

• Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Zagreb, Croatia
“Restaurant Kornat, Zadar, Croatia”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The food was really delicious, but portions are not too big and the prices are pretty high (at least for my pocket) but if you don't have problems with money, you'll be satesfied with this choice :)

Visited August 2013
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Really nice restaurant overlooking the harbour, really good food, an while slightly more expensive then others in the area, it was defiently worth it. I would advice to book though so that you can get a seat outside.

Milan, Italy
“great, but watch the prices”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

best restaurant where I ate in croatia
great food and top quality.
atmosphere of luxury and relaxation. waiters available.
Only negative, the service too slow. We waited 45 minutes before you start eating

1 Thank Francesco P
Venice, Italy
“very bad/penoso/tipicno: zgrabi novac od turista, oni su glupi i ima ih”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have been visiting this place since it's opening both for business and with my family. It has a very good location and interior design. In a couple of last years i noticed progressive worsening of service, food, quality and thus price/quality ratio. Be careful when you order appetizers because they put you on plate micro quantities but ask you a full price for each component served. In that way they boost the bill saying that everything was on menu with prices exposed. For example, they served us on the same plate with other micro appetizers a" fish carpaccio", 5X3 cm2, two slices, micro quantity and medium quality on salad bed quoted on bill as a full price item. I am sure that that one is the most expensive mid quality carpaccio and beleive me, I have no money problem. Than we proceeded with risottto di scampi, tasteless. We ordered the pasta coi scampi in rosso and they served something different, not in rossso saying that this was exactly in rosso. The waiter was a new one and absolutely unsuitable. My "black risotto" was acceptable. We ordered as a desert one chocolate cake, their traditional desert but when asked to be served with some cream "panna" the same waiter cut it down that they don't serve it at all. I remember the opposite from the past years.
We took 1/2 litter of their open vine, some bottles of water, coffee.
When I paid the bill the waiter who knows me as an old client took the service and asked me very warmly if everyting was OK. I exposed to him my climes and when I was about to exit from the room I heard him commented with his colleagues that I was wright. Than I saw the stick on the exit door the TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence 2013. I was astonished. I think the Tripadvisor stuff should check better references otherwise will lose it's credibility.

In addition, there were no soap in dispenser in men's toilette.

7 Thank matteo z