“Nice location and decent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Kornat

Kornat
Ranked #4 of 185 Restaurants in Zadar
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, European, Soups, Croatian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Nice location and decent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Recommended by a local resident. The food was very nice although I thought the place lacked a little atmosphere 9always difficult to judge when you eat alone). Nevertheless a good place to eat in Zadar and in a good location close to the Sea Organ and Sun.

• Visited May 2013

• Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
CHESTERFIELD
“Very fresh food but read the small print”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

The waiter brought a plate of freshly caught fish for me to choose which one I wanted. Picked a red one !! and it said on the menu it was 52 kuna about £7.
The waiter kindly cooked and filleted for me and it was very nice.
When we got the bill the fish was actually £35 !! it was priced at so much per 100 grams !! This was not evident on the menu.
Having said all this the food and service is very good.

• Visited May 2013
“Excellent service, wonderful food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

From my blog entry review of restaurants in Zadar:
We didn’t think this place was much to look at upon first glance, because of the building it is located in (which is kind of stark and plain-looking), but it was recommended enough times for us to warrant a visit. It is located on the old town peninsula, along the bank of the sea almost immediately to the right when you get dropped off from the Barka boat. We were told it was one of the best restaurants in town, and that the Croatian president eats there whenever he comes to visit. The recommendations proved to be correct! As soon as you enter, you can feel that you are in a very fine establishment. Service was beyond excellent the entire evening. There was even live piano music, which further added to the classy atmosphere. Each diner received a plate of two anchovies on lemon with tomato and balsamic to start the meal. It was my first time tasting anchovies, and they were actually pretty good. We then shared a shrimp and spaghetti appetizer that was simply amazing. The portion of the appetizer could have easily been a meal for one smaller person. Our entrees were also really good – my boyfriend had the leg of lamb with potatoes and I had the turkey stuffed with gorgonzola cheese and homemade gnocchi. Entree portions were a very decent size, and we would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.

• Visited August 2012
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you can afford it, do it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I work with backpakers in Zadar, so this isn't usually one of the restaurants that i recommend as it is a bit pricey. However, if you're not traveling on a budget, this restaurant is fantastic! The staff are very professional. Obviously trained well. (Kudos, for a city that doesn't seem to have a lot of that going on.) And of course, the food. It's fantastic! Always made well. Never had a single complaint any of the times I have visited. Most certainly would recommend!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Eva J
Hinsdale, IL
“Had a great lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had lunch here today and had great service,except we asked for a small beer for both my husband and I. Since no one else was in the resturant we didn't realize we got a large beer instead. We didn't realize until we got the check. We still got 2 beers, the price value was better to buy 2 small. All that said, we had a great meal. We both had fish, my husband had fish soup also. We had dessert which was great also. I had the chocolate cake and my husband had the pistachio cake. The view is great. Sat outside. Would definitely recommend. Saw the recommendation on tripadvisor and glad we went.

• Visited October 2012