Drove via central Pula. Not easily found - post signposting - if in doubt head to the centre and then head south .Verudela beach resort not clearly marked as part of bigger complex - Punta Verudela. Go through the barrier and turn left up a slight incline towards reception.
The apartment itself was also a little difficult to find.Take the perimeter path if you can as less hilly and fewer steps.
Our appartment ground floor and was 2 blocks back from the sea front. I booked through expedia and the categories were not clearly marked.Would recommend get 'sea-facing' if you can.We were unable to upgrade.The appartment was pretty old fashioned and i suspect had changed little from the 80s.Having said that it was well fitted out with decent sized fridge and planty of kitchen utensiles - no cleaners.Everthing was clean apart from the bed-settee which smelled strongly of sweat.Air conditioning was extra using a pay card.
The terrage was very spacious with agrden furniture and dryer etc.Warning - lots of mosquitos.Everyone we saw seemed to have angry looking bites on their legs.There is a supermarket in the shopping precinct near the reception.staff were really friendly but they didn't seem to have much fresh produce - bread etc.The rest of the precinct was a pretty soulless sort of place.
There was a pool complex c/w cafe and bar and 'entertainment' at night.There are a few bars etc dotted around the peninsula. The Yacht club serves great food at lunch (close at 6pm). The twin bars on the west coast Ambrella and E&D (I think) had great views but indifferent staff who twice wandered off 'forgetting' to bring our change. The food is very basic stuff. The friendliest bar/cafe was the on on the south coast by the lighthouse.This is a great place to watch the sun go down and (2nd week Sept) we had a great bonus of seeing a couple of dolphins here just as the sun was going down.
Best food by miles was the 'Taverna' restaurant at the Histria restaurant.Not that much more expensive than everywhere else but great food and great staff who care.
Overall a low price no frills option.Plenty of scope for doing things on site and great for families though please note there are plenty of cliffs around.Look out for the dolphins and bring the mozzie spray.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The idyllic peace and tranquility of Verudela Beach, harmoniously set amidst pine trees and medicinal Mediterranean plants, transforms your holidays into a delightful experience surrounded by nature. Most Croatia holiday rentals offer a splendid and soothing view of the sea and are located at Punta Verudela resort just a few steps from Mediterranean vegetation and a seafront promenade. These holiday apartments in Croatia are the perfect Adriatic destination for families with children and all guests who want to enjoy the sun, sea, entertainment and the various facilities of the Park Plaza Verudela holiday resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Verudela Beach & Villa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verudela Beach And Villa Resort
- Verudela Beach & Villa Hotel Pula