$188
Apartments Paradiso(Pula)(Great Value!)
$92
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsbig balconysea waterkitchen equipmentsea viewpool arearoom apartmentself cateringenglish channelsbeach shoeskids clubsun loungerspossibilitiessupermarketcoast
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We did not expect very much when booking an apartment for a week´s family fun at the pool and the beach. But leaving the Splendid Resort was hard, we had a perfect week oh holiday. We stayed in a renovated apartment with sea view and I really must recommend you to do the same. The apartment was clean, well appointed and had a superb balcony with a stunning view at the sunset over the sea. There was a small additional fee for air conditioning, which was a great enjoyment as we had around 36 degrees of heat every day.

We mainly stayed around the pool, which had a very good atmosphere. The staff around the pool and at the restaurant made our days great with very welcoming and kind attitude. The rocks at the beach makes for good snorkeling, sun bathing and swimming. The water is clear and there are some smaller pebble beaches although the area is more suited for families with older children.

By the way, the restaurant at the pool was the best in the resort area and the waiters made all fuss keeping us happy every day.

All in all, great place for holiday if you are not a 5-star buff. Friendly, good value for money and fun for all family.

Room Tip: Do book the renovated apartments with sea view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Roy R
Arenaturist, Manager at Splendid Golden Rocks Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear RoySweden,
Thank you very much for your review of the Splendid Resort. We really appreciated your kind and detailed comments about the resort, its facilities and services. We are glad to read that you and your family enjoyed your holiday with us, that you found our staff very friendly and that you enjoyed the surrounding nature, the sea and the numerous beaches.
We would be very happy to have the chance to welcome you and your family again at our resort.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

When driving up to Splendid, it seems more campsite than resort. Not to worry! If you booked a sea-view apartment then you are in for a treat. You'll navigate past other 'apartments' that look a bit run down on the outside (and I totally can't vouch for those) and over to a great little set of holiday apartments. We fit 5 people (adults) comfortable in a 2 bedroom apt. There was nothing super special about the room, but it was clean and had everything that we needed for a 3 night stay. And our super big balcony that overlooked the water was a dream! If you're staying in Pula and want a treat of a room on a budget, I would definitely recommend this place. But don't expect 5 star amenities (although it really does have everything you need). Plus, you can walk to all the other hotels in the area thanks to a long sidewalk that hugs the coastline down the peninsula.

Room Tip: Spend the extra 7 Euro a day for a seaview!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank blondie71716
Arenaturist, Manager at Splendid Golden Rocks Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear blondie71716,
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review on Tripadvisor. We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Splendid Resort, especially the sea view terrace of the apartment and the long sidewalk to the coast line.
We sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you at the Splendid Resort soon!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We've had a great stay at the Splendid Resort. We had easy access to the swimming pool, restaurants, watersport activities, ... The view from the different sides of the resort are amazing. The friendly (dutch speaking) reception of the resort helped us planning trips, arranging cabs, ...

Room Tip: In high season you might ask for air conditioning.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joke L

Dear Joke L,
Thank you for your positive feedback on Tripadvisor. We are very glad that you have enjoyed your stay at the Splendid Resort, that you liked the location of the resort and that you found our staff friendly and helpful.
We hope to have the chance to welcome you and your friends back to our hotel for another enjoyable stay!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I want to start by saying I am not usually a complainer, but Horizont Village was so unbelievably terrible I feel the need to share my experience in advising other people not to waste their money.

A bit of background info - I am a keen traveller, I have lived in Spain for one year and therefore had my fair share of hostels, apartments, b&bs etc. All with there ups and downs, hence the title.

So, me and my friend booked 5 days at this 'hotel' to stay during Outlook Festival, as we assumed it would be a lot more luxurious than the other options; ie. camping.

Firstly, this is not a hotel, its what I would imagine band camp/apartments/Butlins, is like (although I don't doubt they are better value for money). Dotted around the resorts are apartment blocks. They are all different in appearance and subsequently different in price and quality.

Now, me and friend paid a total of £545 for five nights. This works out at £100+ a night. We headed to reception to find our booking had been 'lost' and because of that we got given a bigger, supposedly better room. When we turned up and saw an 80s-esque building called Meri - we were anything but that.

We opened up the door to a room with a stench of onions. It was hot. And whats that? No air-con? Great. So when the website told us that is what we would have - that was upset number one.

The second came with the general decoration of the room. Everything was brown, the wardrobe had a door hanging off, the side tables were scratched and the bedding was itchy (and BROWN). To add further insult to injury, the shower didn't drain - leaving us with a constantly wet bathroom floor and dirt around our ankles, neither did the sink - also leaving us with a dirty sink.

We instantly assumed this cannot be right. A hundred pounds a night for a disgusting room with broken facilities?

We headed to reception. On the way we met other festival goers who proceeded to say how great their room was (WITH AIR CONDITIONING) for a lot cheaper price. Almost all of them had paid £200.

When we got there, we spoke to the manager. This is straw that broke the camels back.

I have NEVER in my LIFE been treated so badly by such a high member of staff. We explained why, for a hundred pounds, we would expect air conditioning. We explained the room and facilities do not work.

What were we offered? (quite rudely and dismissively) - to pay the difference to be put in another room - exactly the same, with NO air conditioning.

That was her solution.

The manager then shrugged off the complaint, told us it wasn't her problem and to speak to Outlook. By this time we had wasted our first night at the festival and were in foul moods. This was not the start we expected to our trip.

We proceeded to try have fun at the festival, but our views were tainted by the staff and accommodation at Horizont. It is very safe to say Horizont ruined our experience of the festival and our first visit to Croatia. I will NEVER be coming back.

I am currently taking this complaint up with both Horizont & Outlook to demand an explanation to our bad treatment and why we over paid by around £200. Trust me, I'm just scratching the surface here.

If you were to come here on a holiday - all I say is that I hope you get one of the better, air conditioned rooms. Clearly, I cannot speak for the whole of Horizont, but if you get Meri - GOOD LUCK.

If I were to say anything positive it is that the pizza is good at the restaurant (but then even then the staff are rude and slow with service). That is about it.

And with that I end this review.

Thank you Horizont, for being the worst place I have ever stayed.

Room Tip: Dont go for Meri - see if you can ask specifically not to have it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank sammi_x2805
Arenaturist, Manager at Splendid Golden Rocks Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Sammi,
Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and giving us the chance to clarify what happened.
As we have already written to you privately, unfortunately your booking was made through the Outlook festival, therefore we again kindly suggest you to contact them in order to solve this important issue.
Kindly note that we do not know what is included in the package you paid to Outlook. The only information we had from Outlook was that your reservation was made for a 2 star apartment in Horizont, and not in the Splendid resort where you placed your kind remark on Tripadvisor.
To avoid unpleasant surprises and to have the best prize guaranteed, we suggest you to always book your stay directly from our homepage.

Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

This is not a hotel more a set holiday apartment on the sea. the complex is huge and is very well kept. Pet friendly. The rooms are very big with a very nice kitchenette with ample set of kItchen equipment. Satellite tv with English channels. The only small issue is there is no real beach and you have to use the pool which costs money.
Overall well recommended.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Peter S
Arenaturist, Manager at Splendid Golden Rocks Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear Sarsonuk,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and recommend our Resort Splendid to other travelers on Tripadvisor.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we sincerely hope to see you again soon.
Best Regard