“Great experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

EatIstria Cooking Classes and Wine Tours
Ranked #1 of 6 Food & Drink in Pula
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We invite curious visitors of Istria, the green Mediterranean, to join our Cooking Classes and Wine Tours and learn how we eat, drink and live on the largest Adriatic peninsula. Fresh, local and simple for more taste and less fuss. Let all your senses enjoy the magic of Istrian cuisine. All our tours are private experiences and tailored for individuals and small groups. (1-6 guests). What is included: transfer from anywhere in Pula area, all the ingredients that we source on local green and fish market, the lesson followed by a meal that you cooked, a bottle of wine for two persons, water and some authentic sightseeing… Experience Istrian wines on the spot, talking to them, not listening to boring talks about them. If you are a wine enthusiast eager to meet in person Istrian winemakers and taste their Istrian Malvasia, Teran and Istrian Borgonja, grape varieties indigenous to Istria, take one of our wine tours - Central, Western or South Istrian
Debrecen, Hungary
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

I wanted to do something different for me and my wife. I am Norwegian and my wife is Hungarian. She mentioned once that she wants us to cook together. We went to Istria in Croatia for a weekend in easter this year. I decided to check out what we could do while beeing there. I found info about Goran online and read some reviews etc. It looked like what I was looking for and sent Goran a e-mail. I was not sure if to do wine tasting or cooking class. Decided to go for the cooking class. My wife is gluten intolerant, but Goran said it is no problem and we will make dishes without gluten. We had a good time, learnt more about cooking and had a great meal which was accompanied with very good wines. another thing was that the place where they cook was very modern, clean and nice + a very cozy location and view. Really reminded me of Norway and gave an extra home feeling for me. As the other reviews say Alen and Pina are a great and important part of the team to give it the real local experience. I think that the most important whatever you do, is to have passion for it. These people really have passion for real food and great wines. Don`t hesitate to try this. It is an experience for life!

Visited April 2014

Zapresic, Croatia
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

We have spend wonderful afternoon/evening in the kitchen! Atmosphere was very nice and friendly - we felt there so welcome! Food and wine were splendid! Big thanks to Goran, Alan and specially to mum Pina which gave that session special charm.

Visited October 2013
central Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Wine tasting in the hills of Istria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyable day with Goran who took us to three very different wineries near Buzet (in addition to helping us convert our GPS from German to English). We have visited numerous wineries in the past in many different countries, usually making the arrangements ourselves. We are very glad that this time we chose to have Goran be our guide as he obviously knew, and was welcomed by, all three of the winemakers. We visited a biodynamic winery housed in an abandoned water tank, and two family run wineries where we enjoyed chatting with the winemakers as we tasted their products and learned how they were prepared. Goran took us to an out of the way Konoba for a delicious lunch featuring three different homemade pastas--we never would have found this on our own. We highly recommend Goran's wine tours.

Visited October 2013
Gent
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice atmosphere, friendly host!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We did a cooking class with Goran in June 2013. We were 2 couples from Belgium. First we went to the local market to buy our ingredients. Goran was constantly explaining what were typical Croation habbits and ingredients, how they taste, what they are used for, ... very interesting. He has a lot of knowledge. Then we went to his house where we cooked our meal. We had a lot of fun and the atmosphere was relaxed. We tasted Croatian wine, 1 bottle per person to be exact, it was a nice afternoon!

Visited June 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best wine tour with a personal touch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Me and my boyfriend went to croatia for the first time. We were staying in pula as we were attending the outlook music festival. We decided we wanted to see a bit of croatia before the festival and are both interested in wines. I found the website for Gorans wine tasting tours and decided to book. His price was very good for the provate tour for two so we booked. He picked us up from hotel and took us to 4 wineries and a beautiful restaurant for lunch:

1. Marčeta winery

2. Buffet Vodnjanka

3. Benazić winery

4. Trapan winery

Me and my partner absolutely loved the tour. Goran was very knowledgable about wine and croatia. His english was perfect. Im vegetarian and the restaurant we went to served the best vegetarian pasta dish. We had a beautiful pepper tasting red wine in the first winery we visited. The last winery we saw from start to finish the production of the wine to the packaging. We were even able to purchase single bottles of wine cheaply.

At the end of the tour Goran even took us to see his family home where grapes were being grown. It was a lovely trip and i would definately recommend it to anyone interested in booking wine tours.

Visited August 2013