Park Plaza Histria in Pula is a great hotel. The people are its greatest asset; especially the people working in the restaurant, pool bar and running various activities for the guests.
If you are Thomson’s “all inclusive” guest, then it is not all-inclusive, you will be charged for using the mini bar, any room service, non-local alcoholic drinks as well as other items, for example milk shake, cocktails etc. In fact the choice of alcoholic drinks is very limited and rather a disappointment.
Pula airport is a small airport with efficient staff at immigration and customs. As the airport is small, it does not have the docking facilities the passengers have to use the steps. , this is a great experience. It takes about 30 minutes to get out of the airport. Airport staffs are very good and courteous.
From the airport, the travelling time to the hotel is about 45 minutes.
The hotel is modern and clean. Beach is five minutes away; however, the beach is rocky rather than sandy. The check-in process is efficient and quick. As “all-inclusive” guest, you are given a wristband to identify you as an all-inclusive guest. This band is your passport to breakfast, lunch, dinner and local alcoholic drinks from the bar (reception and pool).
All the rooms have television, minibar (you have to pay) two single beds and a sofa bed, there is tea and coffee-making facility, however we had to make daily request for additional coffee /tea bag and milk as the maid (room cleaner) was very economical with the supply. Also, the maid did not make the beds, other than to fix the pillows and quilt.
The food and service are excellent – the best aspect is the main buffet restaurant and the pool bar. The reason for this is the people who work are very friendly, helpful and courteous and will go the extra mile to make your meal and experience as enjoyable as possible. Restaurant has variety of dishes and has vegetarian choices. The people in the restaurant ensured that we had choice of vegetarian dishes and were prepared to cook additional dishes to ensure that we had a good meal. Similarly, the people in the pool bar who made regular rounds to ask if anybody needed any drinks, food, etc.
There are a number of restaurants in the resort, however, this are not included as part of Thomson all-inclusive deal as such you will have to pay.
The main activity is sitting in the sun and relaxing. The seawater is blue/green, it is clean and clear which helps when swimming. The beach is five minutes from the hotel. The hotel has gym, spa, outdoor and indoor swimming pool (filled with the sea –water – no need to go swimming in the sea). The hotel provides a number of activities, from Aqua aerobic to Tabata (high intensity exercise), Pula sightseeing tour, nature walk, cycle ride, vine testing and many more. In the evening there is a live singing by local artists, song are mostly in English. One day a week, you have local musicians who come and sing at your tables.
The other main activity is sitting in the sun and just relaxing.
The hotel organises a sightseeing tour to Pula as part of the activities mentioned above. The hotel staffs that are very knowledgeable and know all the short cuts to the sites so you can see most of the sites within half a day accompany you. This trip is using the local public transport. The one way cost is 11Kuna per person. I would recommend that you go with the hotel staff.
There are other major sites, which are necessary, these are:
1) Brijuni National Park –It is a national park and has exhibits of President Tito’s personal items as well as photographs of Non –Aligned leaders. Also has animal sanctuary/zoo. This trip is by boat.
2) Ravinj – this is a tourist place. People are friendly and very helpful. Old town has cobbled small streets, which are crowded in the summer periods. Also, I would suggest your wear trainer or something with the grip as all the cobbled stones are smooth.
3) Pula – visit the city as part of the activities mentioned above.
4) There are trips to places in the neighbouring countries, such as Venice, Lake Bled, etc.
I have rated this Hotel as 4.75/5
Hotel Facility – Excellent 5
Hotel Restaurant – Excellent 5
Pool Facility – Excellent 5
Hotel organised activities – Excellent 5
Room/ maid service – needs improvement 3
No Smoking - Very poor 0
Great hotel, excellent staff in the restaurant and bars. Excellent choice of hotel organised activities. Would recommend the hotel
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Park Plaza Histria Pula reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Histria Hotel Pula