WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Very good cosy restaurant for a very Good Price , highly recommended” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Farabuto

Farabuto
Ranked #2 of 144 Restaurants in Pula
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, European, Soups, Croatian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Description: Boutiq style, SLOW FOOD restaurant.We are small place , and principle of our work is based on fresh seasonal ingredients, our home made pasta and bread...And working with top istrian olive oils like Meloto or Salvela.We are trying to serve you the best of our traditional and mediteranian food, in a simple and honest way.If you are fan of slow and quite dinner, let us quide you through our modest menu..And if you wanna finish your dinner in one hour,the best is to avoid us.
wien
“Very good cosy restaurant for a very Good Price , highly recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We Visited this restaurant as two families with one child. As we came in a little late we really liked the fact that they served the pasta for our 8yr old first.
The appetizers (mixed Sea food platter) was excellent, and all main dishes were really very good! I had shrimp Pasta which was really tasty fresh and very good with a unique taste.
The recommended wine a local malvazia went very well with the servings was dry fresh tasty and reasonably priced. I didnt pay but the prices in the menu were really good, so you get a Lot for your money.
Only little downside is that it takes quite long until you get your food.
Overall a recommendation!

Visited August 2013

• Polish first
  • Serbian first
“Excellent small restaurant that will blow your mind, but not your wallet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

First bit of good news was coming almost before closing time, and still being admitted (we stayed 2 hours pass their closing time).

Service was absolutely fantastic! Reorganizing their terrace so we can fit outside on a cool summer night was just one of the things we got from them.

Food was awesome - 5 of us ate 5 different meals, trying a bite of of each other plates, and in the end, we just couldn't decide which was the best.

We were more than happy with the wine we got, but the icing of the cake was the dessert - we had strawbery lasagna (must try!), and cheesecake with FRESHLY baked almonds on top, which smelled divine!

The great night we spent there was finalized with a staggeringely low bill in the end, we were expecting prices up to 50% higher! The food and the service are as good or better than what you can find in most of elite restaurants.

I know I've found my go-to place to eat in Pula!

Bologna, Italy
“Best restaurant in Pula”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

In centar of Pula is hard to finde a Restaurant that is diferent then the next door one. Local peopel recomended us Farabuto. It was the most exciting moment of our stay in Pula ofcourse just after the concert of Leonard Cohen. Food, staff and atmosphere were too good. Only small minus for location( littel bit hard to find but once you get there you´ll forget all the trouble.

Budapest, Budapest, Hungary
“Not worth it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

First of all it is a pain in the butt to find, which is really not worth the trip. Then there is the service. We went at 4 in the afternoon (hardly the busiest time, there were maybe 2 or 3 other tables other than us) and it took the waiter 15 minutes to get us a menu, then once we ordered we waited a full hour for our food (grilled stuffed squid with pollenta and pasta with mushroom).

The food was nothing to write home about. The "special pasta" was actually Hungarian noodles ("nokedli"), which was kinda boring for me as a Hungarian. Also TripAdvisor lists this venue as having vegetarian food, which is completely false. I fortunately stumbled upon the mushroom pasta in the daily offer, but otherwise the menu is void of vegetarian options.

Disclaimer: The waiter apologized for the delay at the end, we got a 10% discount and a free bottle of mineral water, so they handled it quite well, which is the reason for my average scores, rahter than poor or terrible.. He claimed there was some trouble that day so our case might be a one-off experience.

1 Thank CaptainNicholas
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Good Seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I went to this restaurant because it was number four of Pula on tripadvisor. The restaurant is a bit hard to find as many people say. It is located next to a cafè. You just need to watch for white letters which say: 'Farabuto'. We arrived about 6.00 PM and the waiter said the restaurant isn't prepared yet. We asked how long it will take and he said about 10 minutes. So after ten minutes we arrived again and took a seat outside.We ordered two oisters (which I've never eaten before) and salad for the starters. After the oisters the waiter asked if we liked the oisters. (Actually I don't hate it but I also don't love it) He said that he sometimes liked it and sometimes not and said how he liked it. Before the main dish came I dropped the olive oil cap. I want to pick it up but the waiter said they will pick it up. Yeah, the main dish: I ordered some kind of noodles with seashells (I forgot the name) We also ordered seafood for two persons that was served with rice. The seafood was delicious but the rice of the mix seafood was a bit hard (I don't care, but I don't know if this was as is should be) I must say there were a lot of reservation signs on several tables. We have stayed there about two hours, but I'm not sure if the signs were real. I can't proof it because most people eat later than us. In short: Good seafood!

• Visited July 2013