“Well Mannered Family Run Hostel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Pula Art Hostel
Pula Art Hostel
Ranked #49 of 137 Specialty Lodging in Pula
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Well Mannered Family Run Hostel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

The hostel has pleasant ambiance on arrival you can expect greetings and maps of sight seeing, Hostel family members are even helpful to direct you places with great interest, you can even rent a bikes for your expedition, It has kitchen and open terrace to meet people and share stories from globe, a nice cosy T.V room suits perfect ambiance for stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

On arrival we were greeted in a very aggressive manor with demands for additional payments, despite the fact that we had far exceeded the cancellation policy. This was very unpleasant. The hostel was dirty and our 'room' was in fact a corridor between the two other dormitories.
It was just awful and we left as soon as we could.
It was also a long walk from town. Stay somewhere else if you can!

Location
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Pula hotels

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

We stayed in Pula Art Hostel in July 2011 for a week. This was one of our last stops where we just wanted to relax. We were greeted by the hostel owners who gave us local information and maps which was fantastic. However when we came to paying they tried to overcharge us by quite a large amount saying we hadnt payed a deposit which it showed on there booking system we had. After sorting out this misunderstanding we headed up to our room, which was nice with a balcony. Me and my friend did have to share a bed because there was only a double left but that didnt personally bother us. The kitchen in the room was small and not very well equipt and the owners would not let us use the facilities that were in the kitchen for the other rooms even though we had no cutlery and not even half the cooking equiptment. The shower in the bathroom was not cleaned during our entire stay and was pretty much black covered in hair, even though the floor was moped daily. Unfortunately the people in the hostel ruined our stay for us. The girls staying in our room seemed to think that sleeping with everyone in the hostel was acceptable and I even woke up to them having sex on the chair next to me and random men sleeping on our floor. I know that this is not the hostel owners fault however I do think that more steps could have been taken to prevent what took place. There were parties going on in the room until 4 in the morning and sleeping was close to impossible, I'm a pretty tolerant person and not a lot of things bother me or make me loose my temper or get upset but I was pretty upset and close to walking out of this hostel. Once these people had left we enjoyed the one night we had where we met a lot of nice people and had a bbq on the terrace. It was a short walk to the centre and the local sights. I personally didnt enjoy my stay at Pula Art hostel but I think its unfair to say that it wasnt a nice place to stay, because I think it could have been if the owners had stopped what was going on in the first place. I just hope they learn from this experience.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Shar1906
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

This hostel is so cute, clean and charming you will not want to leave. I have never stayed at a hostel that has felt this cozy and had this much charm. This hostel is clean and well air- conditioned which makes for a good nights sleep. The staff are so lovely and attentive and are always there to help with anything you may need. I am going to come back to Pula for sure and plan to stay in this amazing hostel again!