“Beautiful place, money well spent!”
Review of Most hostel Pula

Most hostel Pula
Ranked #20 of 145 Specialty Lodging in Pula
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful place, money well spent!”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

The hostel was perfect. It was extremely clean but retained a home like feel. It would be appropriate for an experienced traveler or a first time hostel go-er. I usually prefer hotels but this is everything I could of asked for. Gordana the host is extremely helpful and friendly. Plus there is air conditioning in the room. Overall, great experience.

Room Tip: The hostel is not obviously signed but the directions they provide are very thorough. Just look for...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank aikmanj

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 27, 2011

This place was wonderful. The directions on how to find it were the best I've ever seen for any hotel/hostel in Europe. The hostess, Gordana, and her daughter Jasmina went above and beyond to make sure I knew where everything was in the city, made great recommendations on places to visit outside the city, and generally did everything they could to make sure you had a great time in Pula.

Room Tip: Dorm rooms with both bunk beds and sibngle beds, security lockers available.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Booyah78
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2011

My first experience of staying in a hostel and my first trip to Croatia, both experiences have been good, but my stay in The Most Hostel will stay with me because Gordano and her son go out of their way to offer a home from home warm and helpful welcome to all of thier guests. The hostel is ideally located within walking distance of the town centre, the rooms are all very large, nice beds and bedding and very clean and comfortable.

As two girls travelling we opted to book the 3 bed dorm at the back with private bathroom which was quieter and faces away from the main road. There are three bathrooms so the ratio of bathrooms to rooms is good and there is a washing machine too!

There is a lounge with sofas, PC with WIFI and flat screen TV on the wall and a small kitchen. The hosts live out and leave you to it. When i left Gordano had kindly organised my taxi to the airport and gave me some home made cake for my breakfast to take with me!

This is a great comfortable and relaxed base for one night or a few nights if you are travelling alone or with friends, i met some lovely people and it was a great way to end my first visit to Croatia but i will definately be back!

Room Tip: 3 bed dorm at the back away from the main road
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank LillyRoads01
kidderminster
Reviewed October 23, 2010

I stayed in hostel Most for 3 nights recently. I am in my 50s and bot used hostel for over 20 years and approached the whole idea with a degree of trepidation, but I really didnt need to woirry. Everything written about the owner, Gordana in previous reviews is true she is a legend! She really makes the hostel. The place is clean and tidy, there is a kitchen which you can cook up something to eat and a lounge with tv dvd, computer and wifi. Gordana is full of helpful travel advice not just about Pula but Croatia generally. Nothing is too much trouble for her. On the day I left she had organised a taxi to the airport to take the 6 of us who were leaving that morning without us worrying about it and came in beforehand to give us her fresh baked banana bread and real coffee for breakfast. For the younger travels she is like an aunt, to me she is my new found Croatian best friend and I am already planning a return trip!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank lizdeoli
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2010

I've stayed in a fair share of hostels and this was the best! It's a fairly small hostel (15 beds or so), it's very intimate and you really feel at home and Gordana becomes an Aunt of sorts and helps you with everything :)

The hostel is very very clean, and there is a lovely kitchen and living room which again makes it homey. and Gordana even gives you TWO towels!! luxury for any backpacker.

P.S did I mention Gordana's amazing?? :)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank rynaia
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed June 5, 2010

My mother stayd in this hostel 24 May-4 June. She likes it very much. It is a big privat appartament with several beds, mixed dorm. People stay there from around the world. Nice and clean place. The owner of the hostel is a very good person.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
australia
Reviewed April 8, 2010

I booked this hostel a bit last minute but because it was low season it was fine. I got a taxi there as the buses from airport weren't running at the right time. Just as I pulled up another couple arrived as well and we were all greeted by this lovely lady, Gordana the manager.
She got us in and settled and put us all into separate rooms which was great. She also gave us a good map and excellent suggestions for places to eat, where to see etc.
And then to top it off she had homemade soup and cookies for us to eat!
Rooms were very comfy and roomy, there was free internet, a small kitchen and bathrooms were clean and one for each dorm room. Overall the only thing i struggled with was the location - the hostel isnt very well signposted and I got a bit lost coming back from the town centre as a lot of the streets look the same... but other than that was great place to stay!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo